how many SD cards is enough?

Hi, Visited Tw last year nov for 2 weeks, brought 4 16gb with me, as i'm using d7k so I use the other 1 as back up.

1 16gb full the other i think only half 8gb used.

Yes and most importantly. how many photos will you be shooting. (More or less u should know..roughly how many and then bring more than required.) If not like another bro mentioned. You can always hop into the shop and buy some more if not enough. Unless you're out of the town/city for so long.:bsmilie:

I suggest 2 x 16gb, one for photos and one for video

my experience and usual procedure, if i go travel 1 sd card or cf card for every place i go, like im going for CNY to US: LA, vegas, boston, NY, NJ, San Fran, San diego and Bear Mountain. so total ill bring 8pcs 8gb class 10 cards... like when i went to japan: i brought 4 sd cards (Tokyo, Osaka, Chiba & Okinawa).
every place and sd's i labelled to avoid confusion....

now....i have question, this US trip i am about to start i wont bring my macbook since its quite heavy, im planning to bring an ipad (retina) can i transfer photos to my external HD using ipad? i saw there's a converter from thunderbolt to usb,
have anyone here tried? does it work?
:)

I have a 64gb cf and 128gb sd in the d800 and d800e and 64gb sd in the n1v1. I carry my MacBook and a portable stand alone media backup with 750gb hd and some of the older 16gb cf and SD cards that I have not used.

I will backup to the MacBook and the portable drive every night but don't change or delete till they are full.

I shoot both jpg and raw so on my recent 3 week trip to Spain I shot 5k+ each raw and jpg, 3 week trip to Australia 4k+ each and just back from a 1 week trip to Hanoi and Halong bay 3k+ each not counting the v1 shots.

So I think you should have some backup plan.

The spare cards are for card failures.

hi to all..new to CS..duno if there is similar thread regarding this..if have im sorry..

I am going to US come june for bout 2 weeks. The problem is i do not know how much SD cards to bring and how many GB each. No need to elite writing speed but must be acceptable. I have ruled out bringing laptop cos is very inconvenient. Is there any other way to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for the pros here.. cheers:)

I went to Paris for 2 weeks and didn't even fill up 1/3 of a 8GB card.

But I didn't take many personal photographs with the DSLR and I reviewed shots at the end of the day, deleting whatever I think is not worth editing. Everyone has different habits. I know people who will fill up 128 GB worth of photos in 3 days. :bsmilie:

For backup, I used an old old old Vosonic 20GB photodrive.

well go for a one that you can afford, if you can afford a little bit more money surely go for the highest capacity available

well go for a one that you can afford, if you can afford a little bit more money surely go for the highest capacity available

Rather, go for several whose total cost you can afford.

chintha said:

Not a definate lah.
I advice getting eg.x2 16gb rather than x1 32gb..

Imagine using x1 card and it fails, every photos gone..lol