How many SD cards do u have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Yo pple.

Im really wondering how many SD cards do you guys had? Or rather, U guys had the portable HDD?

How big is ur card anyway? :think:

2 x 128mb, 2 x 256mb , 1x40gb portable harddisk

1 X 16 MB Panasonic SD card, 1 X 128 MB Panasonic SD card & 1 X 1GB Kingmax 60X platinium SD card

josho said:
Yo pple.

Im really wondering how many SD cards do you guys had? Or rather, U guys had the portable HDD?

How big is ur card anyway? :think:

I have 1 x 512MB Lexar (free from Sitex), and 1 x 1 GB Kingmax Platinum.
Has been more than enough for 1 days shoot, but 3 batteries not enough... :cry: so just added 2 more (total 5 batteries) ;)

no portable HDD :embrass:
just 2 x 512MB + 1 x 16MB SD only :bsmilie:

5 batt!!!

How much does a SD card of 256 or 512 mb cost? Im thinking what can I get?

I had 2 x 16 Panasonic SD card. 1 x 64mb Panasonic Card. 1 x 256mb Lexar Card.

Not enuff...

Can I ask which HDD you guys are holding. Would like to know the price of those stuff :think:

Whats the point of the portable HDD?? u mean u can plug the USB to ur Lumix??

rogersk8ter said:
Whats the point of the portable HDD?? u mean u can plug the USB to ur Lumix??

Oops it should be call portable storage (with multiple card reader using HDD).

It runs on batteries and copy the content of the card to the harddisk in the field without the need of a PC. After copying you can format the card and reuse again and again. Capacity depends on yor harddisk size.

I used about 4GB in my last oversea trip.
The device can act as a portable hdd for your laptop/PC as well.
Some model can view photos, some don't - prices are coming down as more new models enter the market.

josho said:
5 batt!!!

How much does a SD card of 256 or 512 mb cost? Im thinking what can I get?

I had 2 x 16 Panasonic SD card. 1 x 64mb Panasonic Card. 1 x 256mb Lexar Card.

Not enuff...

Can I ask which HDD you guys are holding. Would like to know the price of those stuff :think:

Well, I am a trigger happy shooter!
On my trip to zoo, shot about 500+ shots.
Until my old external flash exploded, and so yesterday went to get another flash ;(

Howdy said:
Oops it should be call portable storage (with multiple card reader using HDD).

It runs on batteries and copy the content of the card to the harddisk in the field without the need of a PC. After copying you can format the card and reuse again and again. Capacity depends on yor harddisk size.

I used about 4GB in my last oversea trip.
The device can act as a portable hdd for your laptop/PC as well.
Some model can view photos, some don't - prices are coming down as more new models enter the market.

Oh i see....how much huh??

nowsdae the portable storage cost ard 200+. Just saw a few at East Gear webby. hmm... still kinda 'siong' for me :sweat:

rogersk8ter said:
Oh i see....how much huh??

The one I got called CompactDrive PD6x bought at AP for S$160 w/o hd.
More info can be seen @ eastgear.com.sg

There are quite a few model and configurations in the market, advise you do some research in clubsnap and others first. :)

josho said:
nowsdae the portable storage cost ard 200+. Just saw a few at East Gear webby. hmm... still kinda 'siong' for me :sweat:

Instead of HDD, I prefer to get more Sd cards. Anyway for me, 1Gb is a alot storage for me. If I need, I step down the pic sizes. Maybe I'll get a 512MB card to stand by just in case the 1Gb spoills.

"soing" is one thing but 200+ can but quite a number of other accessories. JMO

Im always fear that if the card corrupted, there goes off for all my pic. :cry:
But had not happen yet. IM thinking of getting either 256 or 512. its only 20 bucks apart. :think:

Howdy said:
The one I got called CompactDrive PD6x bought at AP for S$160 w/o hd.
More info can be seen @ eastgear.com.sg

There are quite a few model and configurations in the market, advise you do some research in clubsnap and others first. :)

Eastgear lists that for around $249 ... u sure AP selling $160?

renegade said:
Eastgear lists that for around $249 ... u sure AP selling $160?

Yep, bought it last Oct when I bought my Long One(FZ20). Prices should be lower in SLS if you look around.
The reason I get this is for unlimited storage of photos as I do not bring my laptop when travelling. it is small, compact, and runs on recharagable battery - can just store and store and store till u used up the HDD space -depending on the size of HD u use.
So far so happy with it.
;)

Just wanna ask if any of you got a Regular Lexar card either free or bought? Does it perform as good as an Ultra II or Kingmax while in the camera?

theITguy said:
Just wanna ask if any of you got a Regular Lexar card either free or bought? Does it perform as good as an Ultra II or Kingmax while in the camera?

Got mine free when I bought my FZ20. So far no prob. As to compare UltraII or Kingmax. I had no idea :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.