How many photos for 2hr?

Precisefit88

Deregistered
Aug 10, 2011
Singapore
Hi I just helping a friend doing sport photography, for 2hr assignment. What is the min pics or max pics for 1 Hr. Hope can advise me on this.

Hi I just helping a friend doing sport photography, for 2hr assignment. What is the min pics or max pics for 1 Hr. Hope can advise me on this.

i think this is the wrong section...

and i believe... it's not the quantity... it's the quality.

if you have 1000 shots within those 2 hours... and none are good... then you practically wasted their time.

but if you have 15 shots, and all are awesome... then you've made their day.

Agree on it in advance. Sign it in a contract. He may want that 1 good shot, or 100 action shots. Discuss with your friend, we are not psychic.

I'm thinking abt this for a while too. I was thinking to use the number of hours I want to spend on PP + shooting time, multiply it to the number of photos I can PP in an hour (Rough gauge).

But... considered these:

- How would I know how many hours I would need to finish selecting and PP all pictures?
- Even if one could do more photos per hour, it doesn't mean he or she should produce more pictures of client.
- If I deem there are too many or too little qualified good photos.... what happens -_-"" (Although the earlier case is a better problem to have)

Hence I think, just agree a quantity with clients upfront is still the best. Although you still have to worry not being able to produce enough good shots :p

I'm thinking abt this for a while too. I was thinking to use the number of hours I want to spend on PP + shooting time, multiply it to the number of photos I can PP in an hour (Rough gauge).

But... considered these:

- How would I know how many hours I would need to finish selecting and PP all pictures?
- Even if one could do more photos per hour, it doesn't mean he or she should produce more pictures of client.
- If I deem there are too many or too little qualified good photos.... what happens -_-"" (Although the earlier case is a better problem to have)

Hence I think, just agree a quantity with clients upfront is still the best. Although you still have to worry not being able to produce enough good shots :p

There is no hard and fast rule really. It also depends on your clients.

For portrait, generally, I would say on one sitting, I would like to produce 30-50 sell-able images... but some might say more or less... it really doesn't matter if the quality one produce is great.

Regards,

Hart