How many photos do you shoot per session?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oly5050

Feb 1, 2005
Just wondering, how many shots do you take during a 3 hour photo session with a model? Or perhaps, another question is, how many shots should I be taking? Thanks!!!

(The question above is a practical question and should not be answered in a theoretical fashion)

as many as possible.

3hours about 80shots...with most of them taking 3~4 similiar ones...so about 20 is usable...

but why bother about how many photo you take...

I will stop as soon as I know I got the shots I wanted.

BC

u go for quality or quantity? u can shoot 3000 photos if u wan...

burst all the way from the start till the last seconds of the session.
but.. scare cam explode...

I think around 100.

Just wondering, how many shots do you take during a 3 hour photo session with a model? Or perhaps, another question is, how many shots should I be taking? Thanks!!!

(The question above is a practical question and should not be answered in a theoretical fashion)

I do not understand this question. Is there some hidden meaning that I am not getting?

I will still try to answer, in a practical way.

1 to 1080.

I see people using burst mode all the time, something which they would never have done with film cameras. It just goes to show how insecure they are.

Me think quality more important than quantity.

I don't really bother to count or keep track. As long as at the end of the day, I am satisfied with my shots, I am fine...

The reason why I asked is I found out that perhaps out of 600 shots taken, only 10% are to my liking with the rest being OK. So I was wondering if I should actually take less photos and hopefully increase the number of good to excellent photos.

Depends, it can be between 250 to 1000 (if that is plane spotting). At the end of the day, I only like around 30-40% of the pictures taken. I used to take 400 on average in the past when using my pns but now I treat them as rubbish test shots.

Normally when I go out with 3 x 1GB cards, I will return home with all of them full.:)

The reason why I asked is I found out that perhaps out of 600 shots taken, only 10% are to my liking with the rest being OK. So I was wondering if I should actually take less photos and hopefully increase the number of good to excellent photos.
pay more attention to each shots, you hit rate will be higher.

At 10fps... assuming unlimited buffer and cf card space, unlimited other things.. you can shoot 108,000 :bsmilie:

Ok jokes aside, since this is a model shoot. You are in control of the elements (or should be), You probably wouldn't need to shoot more than 50. Of course unless you aren't sure how it turned out.

Dude

Are u new into photography? If yes, shoot as much as u can. I.e to e max of ur memory card. Hopefully 6 months or 1 yr from now, tat number will be half or even quarter of e original amount.

e reason i say so is because, u shoot to get e picture style tat u wan. Wat's e point of shooting thousands or even millions shots if not even a single 1 can be considered good.

Wen u know wat u wan from a scene or post, then u will know how many photos u shd b shooting.

shoot at 30fps all the way? :bsmilie:

I usually clock 300+ within that time frame, sometimes the same number in 2 hrs, depending on what u're shooting of the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.