How many photos did you shoot in the first year owning a DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
Asking this question out of curiosity. Me finished my 10K mark in June, my first year.
:D

havent owned my dslr long enough but i had hit roughly 4+k since end march 06 (which works out to be about 4mths) :think:

erm, sounds abit OT here, do you have any particular thoughts over the number of photos being shot ?

Apart from Weddings/Events.

Used to shoot about 1K a month for self interest.

drumma said:
blasted 1k average a month too.
by 1 year, i had around 10k.

wa....how to buy from you if you are selling..:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

FilterFunk said:
havent owned my dslr long enough but i had hit roughly 4+k since end march 06 (which works out to be about 4mths) :think:

erm, sounds abit OT here, do you have any particular thoughts over the number of photos being shot ?
i thought only I underutilized my camera alone. Now I know I have company. ;p

No time, and no time. :(

soma said:
wa....how to buy from you if you are selling..:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

30D rated at 100K rite... that should last about 10years loh.

this is an intresting thread.....

I lost count on my shutter count liao....

when I was newbie....everyday also take camera out to experiment....
now tone down liao..

Thoughts about shutter count..[my own dslr experience]
0-1000: Spent my 1st thousand shots exploring all the functions of the camera..from young till now, i never had any camera b4[i dun have compact camera, film camera, or digicam], except handphone camera, thus you can be rest assured i m very fascinated with every function of the D70s spent in my first 1000 shots. I mainly shoot my fighting fish as a start..

1000-1500: brought my camera out to shoot..ya i dun even know wat is metering, read the manual still dun understand, thus all my shots are try and error in manual mode. Many are either over or under exposed. [i never use apeture priority, shutter priority..from the day i got my cam, i m on manual mode]

1500-2000: all of a sudden i realise that the horizontal meter inside my viewfinder is moving according to different scenes! Thus i turn the knob to adjust my shutter speed to made sure that the meter is in the centre, and from then on, all my shots are exposed properly! Voila! finally know how to use my D70s to shoot. I re-read the manual again, and i finally understand deeper wat the manual is saying..

2000-6000: During this duration, i went to buy my first lens[other than the kit lens that comes with the D70s], the AF 70-300mm G lens.
Anyway my intention of getting the D70s is to shoot birds, thus the first lens i got is the cheapest longest reach lens. I went out almost every day that i m free to shoot birds...all around singapore.

6000-7000: I went to get another lens, the AF50mm f1.8 lens, well ppl say that its good for low light and good bokeh, so i get it to try.. in the end after abt 1000 shots in 2 weeks, i cant stand its purple fringing and choppy bokeh, so i sold it away & get a kenko 2x teleconverter!

7000-9000: I toyed using my AF 70-300G lens + kenko 2x teleconverter to shoot birds again..and yea its very fun, get my 600mm at a low cost.. However after analysing my experience with the lens for the few Ks of shots mentioned above, i find that i need something faster and better image quality, thus i sold my 70-300G lens and the teleconverter away..

9000-10K+: lazy to type :p

well.. i got my d200 in march this year and i already racked up 10k shutter count.. lol!!!:cool: shoot too much liao.. haha

redstone said:
Wah, and I thought I was a heavy hobby shooter.:sweat:
Coz I went to Join Join Join alot of outings and shoots. Especially during the MSW period, which 2 of the days I shot 2 events on the same day :)

Sometimes went out wholeday of shooting fun too :), went at 10am to shoot and shoot till 10pm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.