how many people use MF lens on canon DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkvision

Aug 22, 2006
westcoast
just curious. quite lots of lens can be used on canon DSLR by adaptor and AF -chip (metering, ETTL enabled) like: leica R, old M39 mount , M42 mount, carl zeiss contax/yashica, rollei QBM mount, all medical format, schneider DKL, pentax PK mount, olympus OM mount, exkata mount...all can be inserted to EOS mount by adaptor and got infinity focus.

the image quality (by using chip) much better than those without chip, even using same adaptor.
:)

I'm using a PK mount Soligor 35-70 f/2.5-3.5 previously used on a Ricoh film SLR. :)

This should prove to be an interesting thread. I know weekh is always on the lookout for cheap and good adaptable (and usually MF) lenses to mount on EOS bodies. Awhile ago, he brought the spotlight on the Pentax Super-Takumar 135/3.5.

I am also on the lookout for value-for-money MF lenses. MF-lens users, please do share! :thumbsup:

Coincidentally, do check out this blog. The writer occasionally uses "exotic" lenses, like Schneider-Componen tilt-shift lenses and such. He even mounts a Nikkor AiS 35mm f/1.4 on his 5D.

My older 1ds has a Contax 35 1.4 mated to it permanently.

For wides, i use the Contax 18mm.

My son's 1d has a Summicron R stuck on if i remember correctly...

=)

My older 1ds has a Contax 35 1.4 mated to it permanently.

For wides, i use the Contax 18mm.

My son's 1d has a Summicron R stuck on if i remember correctly...

=)

Your son is one blessed fella.

My prime lens collection is made predominantly of manual lenses....

Nikkor 50mm 1.4 ais
Tamron 90mm 2.6 Macro with m42 adaptall
Nikkor 135mm 2.8 ai
Pentax 200mm 4 m42

Main reason for getting these lenses is because they're relatively cheap and at the same time offerring considerable IQ... Hven't been able to find a cheap old WA lens with good IQ yet so will probably turn to canon for that.... No complains using manual lenses so far, metering works as per normal and I installed a split screen to help me focus... Only complain though is that some of the lenses renders colors differently... eg the nikkors tend to have a pinkish cast whereas my canon lenses have a slight yellowish cast (compared by using both lenses on the same body under the same lighting conditions).... gets annoying when a few pictures from the same set stand out

I use leica R and Rollei zeiss lenses on DSLR, instead of lots of L lens, they produce fantastic pic just as weekh said before. He is MF on canon's pioneer!
for L fixed or zoom lens, only use for travel and fast shooting. once use leica R or schneider DKL, i almost forget the "L" , even those "pro".

I use leica R and Rollei zeiss lenses on DSLR, instead of lots of L lens, they produce fantastic pic just as weekh said before. He is MF on canon's pioneer!
for L fixed or zoom lens, only use for travel and fast shooting. once use leica R or schneider DKL, i almost forget the "L" , even those "pro".

Yup, i have to agree with you there.

I first started using Contax Zeiss glass when i first got my D30 (not 30D) around 9 years back. Had to rip the focussing screen out to put in a split screen FS for focusing. It was funnn...

My partner at work has been using his FD glass on his EOS film cameras for more than 10 years now.

hehe...

Your son is one blessed fella.

no la... the 50 Summicron Rs are about the same price as a Canon 50 1.4 new if you look around. But yeah.. results when printed 16x20 and over, will make you wonder why u even BOTHER with canon glass.
(flamesuit on.)

no la... the 50 Summicron Rs are about the same price as a Canon 50 1.4 new if you look around. But yeah.. results when printed 16x20 and over, will make you wonder why u even BOTHER with canon glass.
(flamesuit on.)

There is really no debate. The Summicron will beat the Canon hands down (I shall now join you in the flameproof suit party).

There is really no debate. The Summicron will beat the Canon hands down (I shall now join you in the flameproof suit party).

No contest here. :cool:

Zeiss primes.... slurps.

I used Carl Zeiss 25mm f2.8 on my 5D. The sharpness. :thumbsup:
Recently, included Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.4 in my arsenal. :)

Contax Carl Zeiss 25mm f2.8 is definitely good lens!

no la... , will make you wonder why u even BOTHER with canon glass.
(flamesuit on.)

ok oblige you a bit
(edited) (flaming ended.)

I like Leitz and Zeiss for Rollei and Contax too.

Status
Not open for further replies.