How many of you taken photo with light orbs? what camera and lens can see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdoit

Sep 29, 2003
Locations
Hi all

I have seen some pictures taken especially in those holy and quite place, showing some light orbs, like below.
circulating.jpg

Just curious anyone of you taking this kind of picture before.
If so, what lens and camera you used that can see this "orbs".
So far, those that I know are point and shoot camera.

Water drops and/or dust on the lens. No magic.

Just looks like water droplets to me...

umbrella,wet hair,hot spot on bald guys head indicating flash,nothing special/mystical,just flares to me

i also think is water droplets. coz u can see those ppl are taking umbrella. so it means it raining at that time.

Most prob supernatural.
Hit and miss, i guess.

Regards

If you believe it, you need to ask the orbs to appear prior to taking the shot.

The camera is unimportant.

Hi all

I have seen some pictures taken especially in those holy and quite place, showing some light orbs, like below.
circulating.jpg

its raindrops.
this happens when u flash direct.

nearer ones will be brighter, bigger n blurrer.

yes, only with direct flash and dark background, you can try it at night, sprinkle some water into the air and shoot it.

I am not saying the water drop on lens like pictures below:
2942764300_b07aac693b.jpg

anyway, nevermind. thanks for your time.

The "orb" phenomenon seems to be popularised by supernatural advocates like SP*.

It's not about water droplets on the windows. It's about droplets suspended in mid-air, illuminated by direct flash. It's a very simple explanation using Science. But if you choose to believe that it is due to spirits, then so be it.

I am not saying the water drop on lens like pictures below:
2942764300_b07aac693b.jpg

anyway, nevermind. thanks for your time.
not this,

to get the effect you want, the water droplet or dust particle is in the air, near camera lens, not on the lens, the water droplet is overexposed by the flash and totally out of focus.

I am sure there is a perfectly scientific explanation for the orbs. But many would choose to believe the supernatural.

It's just like asking why are there earthquakes. It can be the wrath of god. Or the sliding of tectonic plates.

Hi all

circulating.jpg

I believe that is water particles on mid air kena flashed. :bsmilie:

So far places that i caught orbs are at Old Commando barracks and Old Changi Hospital. but that can be dust particles too...

More interesting orbs is where i zoom in i see faces on those little dots. but well that could be my imaginations too..

Paranormal stuffs just cant be explained by science.

Hi all

circulating.jpg

Hello, I have a photo with orbs.. It was taken sometime back in June 2008 in Taiwan while my tour group was releasing a heaven lantern.. These are shot with my Sony a200 with 70-200/2.8 with flash. Here are the images.

4234346442_69316a2466.jpg

4233574291_f805ed2ccf.jpg

4234348090_86bafab5bb.jpg

I can't explain why it is like this but i'm just here to share =/

Here are the links to images on Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthelion/4234346442/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthelion/4233574291/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthelion/4234348090/

you need to perform a ritual on your camera before it gains the third eye :bsmilie::bsmilie:

More interesting orbs is where i zoom in i see faces on those little dots. but well that could be my imaginations too..

If you want to, you can spot a face almost everywhere. In clouds, that patch of mould in the longkang, or even on the kaya that you spread on your toast.

Hello, I have a photo with orbs.. It was taken sometime back in June 2008 in Taiwan while my tour group was releasing a heaven lantern.. These are shot with my Sony a200 with 70-200/2.8 with flash. Here are the images.

For water droplets to be illuminated and reflected back at the camera, they have to be at a certain angle relative to each other. It's the same idea that causes lens flares and rainbows.

(I think that despite all these explanations, some people will still want to think that these are images of spirits. Hmm.)

These are shot with my Sony a200 with 70-200/2.8 with flash. Here are the images.

this might be due to dust inside your lens, i think.......

for the last picture you posted here.

for first 2, got orbs meh???

Status
Not open for further replies.