How many of you lend your equipment to others?

Do you borrow gears to your best friend,relative,bf/gf or friends

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokkaido88

Dec 29, 2007
I bet many of us has been experience someone asked/request to borrow your lens,flash,camera etc to use.

Let say if they're your relative, bro and sister, best friend,boyfriend/girlfriend or just friend would you borrow it to them?

If yes is it all of the above you will borrow to them or just some item only?

Do you guys run into a situation whereby they just want to borrow and you know they don't even know how to take care of your expensive gear or

They know to use it but they're a rough user?

Anyone has experience that once you borrow to those close friend( bro/sister,best friend or relative) your equipment has scratch mark or rain/dirt watermark?

What would you do? Do you borrow to them first and then only say no to them once they return your baby in the above condition or totally avoid borrowing to them by :-
i) Directly say no
or
ii) Give some excuses

title rectified to reduce confusion

My shooting kaki and I share lens as we are using the same cam body :bsmilie:

if i trust the user i will lend.
just like how my friends lend me their equipments.

depend on friends, those whom i know can be trusted to take good care of your items, i lent to them.

the more expensive one, will not lent lor. at most is like lent on the spot but never for days.

I bet many of us has been experience someone asked/request to borrow your lens,flash,camera etc to use.

i will tell them no, unless they are borrowing cheap equipment, like p&s or very cheap lens like lensbaby 2G or tamron 70-300. the only exception is with people i know that i can definitely, definitely trust.

if they are family members, and they don't understand, then too bad.
if they are friends, and they don't understand, then i don't need such friends.

simple!

If you dont value the item then lend it!

You lend somethings to somebody when you dont need it anymore!

The item, that you took very good care of might be abused by the person borrowing the item. Sometimes, its not worth it at all.

GMAN

if i trust the user i will lend.
just like how my friends lend me their equipments.

Oooo... can i borrow equipment from u sheree?
I will take good care of it, i promise.

pussinboots.jpg

Pls pls pls... ?
:bsmilie:

Just to throw something into the mix. What if you (elder sibling) has some cool camera, then your parents tell you not to be selfish and to lend to your younger sibling. What then?

Just to throw something into the mix. What if you (elder sibling) has some cool camera, then your parents tell you not to be selfish and to lend to your younger sibling. What then?

I'll make sure my parents put the total cost of the equipments I lend him in a cheque. If it happens that the camera is faulty after the lending, I'll take the cheque for a new set of gears ;).

I'll make sure my parents put the total cost of the equipments I lend him in a cheque. If it happens that the camera is faulty after the lending, I'll take the cheque for a new set of gears ;).
Haha. If you want something replaced, just lend it to your sibilings, then you can say, pa, ma, see spoilt. How? I need the camera. Then can get new one. Haha.

GMAN

immediate family also talk money? ouuccchhhh

i'm not a fussy user, so i dont mind lending out my stuff to people i think i can trust. they may not be pros or expert, but they understand the value of the equipment, and they are people who will feel bad about damaging or losing something and offer to replace/repair.

of course, if you buy equipment to be pampered, polished, and must be scratchfree, then better dont lend to anyone! so at least if there's any damage, no one to blame but yourself..haha

Have learnt too many lessons over the years....I now follow a strict principle of not lending anything and neither will I ask anyone if I can borrow something.

Cheers

I would consider myself to be a very careful user. Not overly-fussy, but not careless to cause negligent damage, etc.
However, because I don't feel comfortable about lending my camera stuff out to others, I'm fair as well, and don't borrow from them. The only person I share camera equipment with is my dad.

btw I noticed some grammatical mistakes in this thread.

Lend = present tense
Lent = past tense

There is only "Equipment". There is no such thing as "Equipments"

Probably sharing equipment during a group outing is OK, as you can still keep an eye on how the other person is using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.