how many of you edit pictures after taking a photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

an an

May 31, 2009
hey guys i want to know anyone of you guys edited your photo after you guys take a picture?

No, I prefer to wait till the shoot is over, go home and do proper post production on ma PC. :)

hey guys i want to know anyone of you guys edited your photo after you guys take a picture?

i thought that is almost is must to every photographers here..

i don't even see any pictures that are un-PP here any longer..

i thought that is almost is must to every photographers here..

i don't even see any pictures that are un-PP here any longer..

cuz i have some pple saying that what is the use of editing .. lyke that might as well dont take... haha so wanna know from all of u guys.. some pple lyke the stock pic that already been taken ..no need editing.. but for my point of view its very dale.. for me la.haha

yes I did... and I will do it on my next n next...

cuz i have some pple saying that what is the use of editing .. lyke that might as well dont take... haha so wanna know from all of u guys.. some pple lyke the stock pic that already been taken ..no need editing.. but for my point of view its very dale.. for me la.haha

excuse me... even if you take a pic in Jpeg, it's still edited (by the camera)...

so who DOES not edit a pic??

like i said earlier some pple dun like .. im just asking.. thats all..

we get your point in here TS.

as you point out some people thinks that by 'editing' is not true form of photography, or visa- versa.

yarh .. thnx for understanding..

like i said earlier some pple dun like .. im just asking.. thats all..

no worries,
every1 starts somewhere.

till those some pple learn to pp,
they won't know what they r missing.

another thread in kopitiam complained that photog didn't 'post treatment' the photos :)

it takes all kind,
just enjoy whatever u r doing.

Last edited:
it depends on your ethics because the word edit covers a lot of ground especially if its a composite photo. A lot of people often make noise when composites actually win photo competitions.

There are also contests where editing is strictly not allowed but that doesnt stop entrants from editing in lightroom or photoshop and then put back in the camera. There are of course even more worse applications of editing but thats another story.

Last edited:
it depends on your ethics because the word edit covers a lot of ground especially if its a composite photo. A lot of people often make noise when composites actually win photo competitions.
Yes, often I prefer to use the term "photo enhancement" or "photo manipulation".

There will always be people who insists that:

1) you are not a true photographer if you use anything except manual mode on your DSLR, and
2) you don't have real photography skills if you post-processed your photos.

I'm not a true photographer and I don't have real photography skills. :cry:

Photographers have been post-processing and manipulating photos ever since film was invented, even the image that was saved in the memory card had gone through limited post-processing (e.g. noise reduction) by the camera.

I'll always post-processed mine photos in some way or another, if time permits.

There will always be people who insists that:

1) you are not a true photographer if you use anything except manual mode on your DSLR, and
2) you don't have real photography skills if you post-processed your photos.

I'm not a true photographer and I don't have real photography skills. :cry:

haha wad onli haha u comfrim pro beb hahaha

If Ansel Adam did post processing in dark room, why do you think you need not do post processing in digital darkroom? I am not saying you must. But you may need to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.