How many of you dare....

Status
Not open for further replies.
No big deal... a SLR/DSLR with 28-135 or 28-200... is that a problem for even 2 weeks...??

Astin said:
...to go on a week holiday with only 1 camera (SLR or DSLR) and 1 lens?

No problem for me - regularly take only a compact point & shoot on biz trips or small holidays as the camera is only for record shots and not for serious shooting. Would rather concentrate on enjoying the holiday than to lug about heavy camera gear.

If going for photo-safari, then different altogether.

Astin said:
...to go on a week holiday with only 1 camera (SLR or DSLR) and 1 lens?

No prob. I bring my Nikon F90x + Sigma 28-300mm with me on my trips. More than sufficient.

Zoom users have it easy. How about the hardcore prime folks? What do you guys carry?

i have more or less sworn off zooms bcoz of their size and weight, the exception being the 16-35 bcoz there're no primes in the 16-19 range, and it's reasonable weight + outstanding picture quality.

If i absolute have to be restricted to one SLR + lens, i'd bring an 85/1.8.

went on a nearly one week holiday with a 300D and a 28-200. both ends of the zoom were used.

A D/SLR with just 17-40 for any of my trip...All tuck in a small waist pouch so I can enjoy the trip & at the same time won't compromise the photo taking experience...

If only 1 prime is allowed, then my lens of choice is 35mm...

i always bring the 35mm F2 only.no problem at all :)
recently i substitute it with the T3 so i dun have to worry about times when a small fill flash is needed..

Most of the time, just me and my F100 & 50mm.

Otherwise... nothing.

No problem for me. Have done it with a F80 and Nikkor 28-105mm but with plenty of film...:D

The 28-200 and 28-300 really shines in this aspect, cos its almost as light n compact as any prime. anyone who owns either of these will have no problem meeting your 'dare'.

of course if u're speaking abt primes only, then you may have a tuffer time choosing...but 50mm is probably a good start. :)

Was in tibet for 1 month with only a 9xi + 24-85, and in NZ for 3 weeks with only a 7hi. Not sure what you mean by dare, Cos bring just 1 camera body is pretty common.

Status
Not open for further replies.