How many of u still own film compacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Sigh... the old film compact camera that's 15yrs I guess will reach its demise soon.

Looking at a relatively simple, easy-to-use film compact.
Wondering how many of u still own these humble lil' chaps?

still have 1 at my home, film compact zoom ha.. it accompanied my sec school time. nowadays the gr1v still always with me.

i have 2 olympus hahaha..... gave me good memories from my sec school days man...i'm keeping them hahah

Hmm... Olympus huh? I guess its time to look at that range.

The compacts to get are:

Olympus XA, 35RC, 35SP(not really a compact as it is rather large but the lens on it is superb).

Rollei 35, 35T, 35S.

Petri Color 35.

I still use my Leica minilux

Tetrode said:
The compacts to get are:

Olympus XA, 35RC, 35SP(not really a compact as it is rather large but the lens on it is superb).

Rollei 35, 35T, 35S.

Petri Color 35.
Pretty old stuff we're looking here. :eek:

The Olympus Mju-II should be on the list too, I reckon. Bright lens, spot metering, splashproof ... that's been my "insurance" for quite a few shoots when I was still shooting film. It weighs next to nothing, and is quite foolproof for me.

I have an old pentax.

I have one Ricoh and one Nikon. Other than their bulky build, they are very reliable tools! :)

Have a Pentax zoom and a Canon fixed focal length one for family, plus a few fixed focus ones, now using digital compacts.

jsbn said:
Pretty old stuff we're looking here. :eek:

Old they are indeed but they are capable of fantastic results in good hands. The lenses on some of them are actually better than some SLRs ones.

One of the reasons why they are still highly sought after by users (and collectors unfortunately which drives their prices up). ;)

ericp said:
The Olympus Mju-II should be on the list too, I reckon. Bright lens, spot metering, splashproof ... that's been my "insurance" for quite a few shoots when I was still shooting film. It weighs next to nothing, and is quite foolproof for me.

Yes I agree. Nice lens on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.