How many non-timer-based battery chargers are avaliable in Singapore Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right Jango, I thought u were referring to its charging time.. GP Rapid is an intelligent charger.

Savvy, have to agree with u that the Compact Intelligent Charger is pretty value for money. Performance is just 2nd to those 1hr charger without the price premium. The discharge funct is pretty useful actually. What I do with my rechargeables is after every 5 charge cycles, I used the discharge funct to restore battery performance. Some may say that this is only necessary for Ni-Cds but I find that Ni-Mhs are also affected, though to a lower extent.
Any 1 tried charging 2AAs and 2AAAs together with this charger? Seems to me it charges them at one go...

The Intelligent Charger listed is actually the multi-charger (5798 model) which supports all capacities ranging from AAA to 9V.

I see, tot the intelligent charger refers to another brand.

I just came back from holding a Rayovac. My god! its very very ultra heavy! and it only supports 1 voltage. Meaning can only support 220volts 50Hz or 120volts 60Hz. On top of that, you need to switch between NiCD and NiMH. This charger is definitely not travel friendly.

By the way, I do not understand the GP Rapid charger, even though there is -V detection, the charger still has a timer cut off. What is that used for?

Originally posted by slimey
Right Jango, I thought u were referring to its charging time.. GP Rapid is an intelligent charger.

Savvy, have to agree with u that the Compact Intelligent Charger is pretty value for money. Performance is just 2nd to those 1hr charger without the price premium. The discharge funct is pretty useful actually. What I do with my rechargeables is after every 5 charge cycles, I used the discharge funct to restore battery performance. Some may say that this is only necessary for Ni-Cds but I find that Ni-Mhs are also affected, though to a lower extent.
Any 1 tried charging 2AAs and 2AAAs together with this charger? Seems to me it charges them at one go...

The Intelligent Charger listed is actually the multi-charger (5798 model) which supports all capacities ranging from AAA to 9V.

Err... Back to the Casio BC-3HA, may I know if it has the discharge function? Is it really necessary to have?

Hi,
I didn't find any discharge function in Casio BC-3HA...
Anyone can confirm this?

Thanks!

I have 2 MW 8168GS smart chargers ,500mA charging power .
I was working so far with them 2 sets of 4 AA 1,2V 720mA NiMH.
The charging time was like 40 minutes .
Today i finally got 1600mA Sanyos , well the first charging cycle had take six hours .

By the speak of the devil ,now that i am typing ,the charger just switch to the trikle state .
(Trikle state = finish of charging - passing to Keeping alive mode )

I hope that the next charging cycles will not take that mats , the charger specs claim 1500mA batteries ,fully charget at 5 Hours.

Syncmaster, never seen MW8168 chargers b4, only the 6168 which is a timer based charger for multi-sized batteries, 500mA for C batteries and only 125mA for AA. U sure the 8168 is an intelligent charger?

Originally posted by syncmaster
I have 2 MW 8168GS smart chargers ,500mA charging power .
I was working so far with them 2 sets of 4 AA 1,2V 720mA NiMH.
The charging time was like 40 minutes .
Today i finally got 1600mA Sanyos , well the first charging cycle had take six hours .

By the speak of the devil ,now that i am typing ,the charger just switch to the trikle state .
(Trikle state = finish of charging - passing to Keeping alive mode )

I hope that the next charging cycles will not take that mats , the charger specs claim 1500mA batteries ,fully charget at 5 Hours.

Is there an intelligent charger with discharge function? GP rapid? Where is the place that have most of the brands listed above to choose from? Alan Photo?

where and how much is the Compact Intelligent Charger? Mustafa?

After reading some reviews, I am interested in getting the Compact Intelligent Charger (MW4798N). Anybody knows where can I get this charger? Alan Photo? What's the price of it? Thanks.

Where can I get this too: Multi Intelli-Charge ? Price? Thanks.

You can actually order online from www.purplemoo.com or go to their retail outlet stated on their website. Go down to pick it up yourself, its cheaper.

Originally posted by Kho King
After reading some reviews, I am interested in getting the Compact Intelligent Charger (MW4798N). Anybody knows where can I get this charger? Alan Photo? What's the price of it? Thanks.

Originally posted by savvy
You can actually order online from www.purplemoo.com or go to their retail outlet stated on their website. Go down to pick it up yourself, its cheaper.

Is the charger selling at this website is the lowest price in Singapore?

If I'm not mistaken, this is the only place to get the charger. It was cheaper a while back during their warehouse sale.

Is the charger selling at this website is the lowest price in Singapore?

If I'm not mistaken, this is the only place to get the charger. It was cheaper a while back during their warehouse sale.

Oh...so I miss the boat...:cry:

Where can I get this too: Multi Intelli-Charge ? Price? Thanks.

$40, at a shop called user guide at Aldephi located at basement 1, opposite funan. me never been there b4

Syncmaster, never seen MW8168 chargers b4, only the 6168 which is a timer based charger for multi-sized batteries, 500mA for C batteries and only 125mA for AA. U sure the 8168 is an intelligent charger?

Yes my friend this charger is even smarter than me :D

This is the specs :
1 Fast charging current - 500mA
2 Stable DV detection'
3 High charging efficiency
4 With discharge function
5 Automatic protection agains wrong type of battery

plus it haves voltage selector like 2.4v or 4.8 , if you like to charge 2 or 4 batteries.
It can charge 4 AA or 2 AA and 2 AAA ,or 4 AAA at the same time .
Special charger for use in the demanding Digital cameras bateries .
All the above is writen on the carton box .

Syncmaster, just 1 Qs... did u get this in Singapore or elsewhere cos I noticed u mentioned that u r from Greece in another thread? The specs appear similar to the compact intelligent charger except that the compact is faster with 800mA of fast charging current and the 2/4 batteries charging is automatic in the compact.

Originally posted by syncmaster

Yes my friend this charger is even smarter than me :D

This is the specs :
1 Fast charging current - 500mA
2 Stable DV detection'
3 High charging efficiency
4 With discharge function
5 Automatic protection agains wrong type of battery

plus it haves voltage selector like 2.4v or 4.8 , if you like to charge 2 or 4 batteries.
It can charge 4 AA or 2 AA and 2 AAA ,or 4 AAA at the same time .
Special charger for use in the demanding Digital cameras bateries .
All the above is writen on the carton box .

Yes i got the charger in Greece .
But MW does suply internationaly ..

Any way even that way ,by taking the 800mA model , i am sure that you will be happy with it . ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.