How many non-timer-based battery chargers are avaliable in Singapore Market?


Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybug

New Member
Apr 17, 2002
6
0
0
Visit site
So far I was known:

GP Smart Powerbank
Multi Intelli-Charge
Compact Intelligent Charger (MW4798N)

Anything else? and they are prices?
 

S

savvy

Guest
Rayovac 1hr charger
Olympus BU-100 charger (the one that comes with C700 digital camera).
 

copland

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
327
0
0
Visit site
What abt the Sony 1-Hr charger and the Casio one available at AP?
 

S

savvy

Guest
The Sony is a timer-based. As for the Casio, haven't got my answers yet.


Originally posted by copland
What abt the Sony 1-Hr charger and the Casio one available at AP?
 

S

slimey

Guest
Read from other forums of ways to differentiate between time based chargers and intelligent ones...

1) Look @ specs : If u see delta v detection, then its intelligent.

2) Completely charge a set of batteries. Remove batteries & switch off charger. Place the same set of batteries back in and switch charger back on. Monitor the charge cycle. If charger cuts off charging in a while (like 10-15 mins i think), then its a smart charger. Else, its likely a time based charger.
 

Prime

New Member
Mar 24, 2002
176
0
0
45
AMK
Visit site
Originally posted by slimey
Read from other forums of ways to differentiate between time based chargers and intelligent ones...

1) Look @ specs : If u see delta v detection, then its intelligent.

2) Completely charge a set of batteries. Remove batteries & switch off charger. Place the same set of batteries back in and switch charger back on. Monitor the charge cycle. If charger cuts off charging in a while (like 10-15 mins i think), then its a smart charger. Else, its likely a time based charger.
Tried your 2nd point. Casio BC-3HA is an intelligent charger.;)
 

ultrazoom

Senior Member
Apr 21, 2002
635
0
16
Originally posted by Prime
Tried your 2nd point. Casio BC-3HA is an intelligent charger.;)
May I know if it charges 4 batteries at one go?
 

Prime

New Member
Mar 24, 2002
176
0
0
45
AMK
Visit site
Originally posted by ultrazoom


May I know if it charges 4 batteries at one go?
Yes, it can charge 4 batt or 2 batt at one go.
 

ultrazoom

Senior Member
Apr 21, 2002
635
0
16
Originally posted by Prime
Yes, it can charge 4 batt or 2 batt at one go.
Ok, thanks for the reply. Looks like this is the charger more suitable for me.
 

S

savvy

Guest
How long does it take for the Casio to charge 4 batteries of 1600mah?


Originally posted by Prime


Yes, it can charge 4 batt or 2 batt at one go.
 

Prime

New Member
Mar 24, 2002
176
0
0
45
AMK
Visit site
Originally posted by savvy
How long does it take for the Casio to charge 4 batteries of 1600mah?


It depend on whether your batt are totally drained.
The manual state: max 180 min for 4 x 1600mAh.
 

K

konei

Guest
Sony 1 hr charger is not just timer based. I tried recharging a fully charged set of batteries. It switched itself off after 5 mins.
 

S

slimey

Guest
I'm afraid not, GP Rapid takes 270 mins to recharge 4 pcs of 1600mAh AA batteries. Listing in an increasing order of charging time for 4pcs of AA batteries for intelligent chargers, we have:

Royovac 1hr/GP SMART Powerbank
Compact Intelligent Charger
Casio BC-3A (according to info provided by user)
Olympus BU-100/Sony 1hr charger
GP Powerbank Rapid
Intelligent Charger

Originally posted by Jango
So is GP Rapid.
 

S

savvy

Guest
Looks like going by actual performance, the Compact Intelli-Charger seems to be the best bang for the bucks. The money saved can buy some Sanyo 1700mah batteries which I believe maybe better (in terms of actual capacity) then the GP1800. BTW, what's the Intelligent Charger at the end of the list stands for? Is there such a brand?



Originally posted by slimey
I'm afraid not, GP Rapid takes 270 mins to recharge 4 pcs of 1600mAh AA batteries. Listing in an increasing order of charging time for 4pcs of AA batteries for intelligent chargers, we have:

Royovac 1hr/GP SMART Powerbank
Compact Intelligent Charger
Casio BC-3A (according to info provided by user)
Olympus BU-100/Sony 1hr charger
GP Powerbank Rapid
Intelligent Charger

 

Jango

Senior Member
Apr 2, 2002
724
0
16
www.pbase.com
slimey I was replying to the first post. GP Rapid is an intelligent charger. Not refering to the charging time. :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.