Are you a left or right handed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber_Duck

May 26, 2004
nippon
www.flickr.com
OK, I dont know so far anyone started this...

Anyway.. this is to find out how many left handed and Right handed here...

Am a lefty but so far no problem using my right hand to press shutter.

Us leftys have to always adapt to this dominant right handed world. :(

Am a lefty but so far no problem using my right hand to press shutter.

Us leftys have to always adapt to this dominant right handed world. :(

Yup, same here. So far no problem with pressing the shutter with my right hand :) but i have a problem with the right handed lecture chairs! :angry:

Left hander too~

Looking at the number of left handers here, it looks like the camera has probably been originally designed for left handed operation... You focus, zoom, turn the aperture ring and support with your left hand... You only trip the shutter and adjust the shutter speed with your right.. .. until thumb/finger wheels replaced the shutter speed dial and aperture ring and directional rockers/buttons were added to select AF points... Then it became a right handed camera suddenly...

You got a point there, lsisaxon. Anyway what "myths", "tales" and "legends" behind the left handers ? :think: I'm interested to know cause i'm one! Haha...

I am a lefty too..

Like driving a manual car.. I find it comfortable to use the left hand to shift the gears.. Never driven a left-hand drive car b4, so donno how it feel like shifting the gear with the right hand.. but it feel weird by just thinking of it..

Looking at the number of left handers here, it looks like the camera has probably been originally designed for left handed operation... You focus, zoom, turn the aperture ring and support with your left hand... You only trip the shutter and adjust the shutter speed with your right.. .. until thumb/finger wheels replaced the shutter speed dial and aperture ring and directional rockers/buttons were added to select AF points... Then it became a right handed camera suddenly...

I am a lefty too..

Like driving a manual car.. I find it comfortable to use the left hand to shift the gears.. Never driven a left-hand drive car b4, so donno how it feel like shifting the gear with the right hand.. but it feel weird by just thinking of it..

Yup, My Left hand is the control hand~ But my right hand is stronger though~;p

When come to handling a camera I find that my left hand is more agile than my right.

My right had is there to hold the camera and depress the shutter button, where as left hand zoom the lense much faster then the other way round.

Looks like leftys are more "vocal" than the rightys around here, most of the posts are by leftys! :bsmilie:

I was told by my mum that i used to be left handed.
But she forced my to use right hand when i was young.

End up now writting right hand, ball sports left hand, camera both hands. :bsmilie:

I was told by my mum that i used to be left handed.
But she forced my to use right hand when i was young.

End up now writting right hand, ball sports left hand, camera both hands. :bsmilie:

what about brushing teeth, wiping backside,....and if u'r a guy, holding your equipment when in the toilet....

some people are ambidextrous..ie can write using both hands...play ball/write using different hands... but if I feel the most natural things one does is the above...pardon if i'm crude.. just being honest.

I thought I was the only one with this scenario. Born a lefty, so mom made me write with my right (must be a chinese thing), but I sneakily learnt to write with my left too albeit kiddishly. Racquet games, knives, scissors with my left.

Can't imagine a lefty camera tho... so we've learnt to adapt, smart alecs, aren't we? :D

i'm left-handed too! :) haha..

the only good thing i can think of for lefties in this right-handed world is that most of us become ambidexterous. :p

I am right handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.