How many interested in studio photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also dunno...just follow thru hahaa...I actaully suggest renting a place for the setup. How much does renting of studio cost? I think it will not be cheap rite?

rent quite cheap actually... 3 hrs share among 4 or 5 not alot... but if hire model and MUA then its different story...

Why just chio gf/wife? How abt gd looking hubby/bf? ;)
Any of you guys can volunteer to be a model??

err... all man are alike :bsmilie:... no offense pls... dun meant to be sexist :)...if u join us i be ur model... but i not handsome can ?

Last edited:
I can help ask my colleague's friend if she's interested in TFCD or something.
My colleague would probably join us too, though she uses a Canon.
But we should at least have a tentatively date/location first?

hi, i'm not a pentax user, but keen to join. I can provide a fairly large hall in a condo at bukit timah, shld be able to accomodate 6-8 photog. i can also provide a portable studio back drop and reflector. for the paper backdrop, which i normally discard, will have to split, its about $85, so $10 each. will need advance booking for the hall. plse msg me at 911-515-66 if interested.

I also dunno...just follow thru hahaa...I actaully suggest renting a place for the setup. How much does renting of studio cost? I think it will not be cheap rite?

Normally around $100 for 3hrs on weekends. It is complete with everything lor, no need carry too much things. Since u all paying, make sure u all play with all the lightings to make worth hor:bsmilie:

I suggest you all argar set a weekend then confirm which studio you all want.:) Whoever organising better collect a deposit just in case.;)

Been following this thread for awhile. I have had some prior experience with a studio in the past and perhaps I can share some thoughts to consider for a structured learning experience.

I am assuming many have limited or no experience using studio strobes or being in a studio environment, so perhaps the most basic is familiarization of equipment (how things work, light modifiers, connections, etc.). Moving on it is critical to understand exposure methods and lighting ratios and their effects.

Even before thinking about models, it is important that because time is money, all those attending should try to do some basic reading up to get up to speed theory wise (the library is a good start) so that time is not wasted as there is plenty of things to cover.

As to models, best to actually have a male and a female model. The reason is there are distinct differences in posing and lighting models of different sexes. Personally speaking, to just have a chio model present and just shoot with a basic lighting setup is a good start. To advance one's understanding of how and why the pros light and shoot a certain way is certainly more important than to seek out a pretty model. Just my 2 cents of thoughts.

Last edited:
hi, i'm not a pentax user, but keen to join. I can provide a fairly large hall in a condo at bukit timah, shld be able to accomodate 6-8 photog. i can also provide a portable studio back drop and reflector. for the paper backdrop, which i normally discard, will have to split, its about $85, so $10 each. will need advance booking for the hall. plse msg me at 911-515-66 if interested.

that's nice, I bring the studio lights. Some1 here mentioned he has a friend interested in being the model. Is there any furnishing in the hall? Like chairs, table, benches? Dont need to waste paper if we are doing portraitures, cos I can bring coloured cloth to use with your background stands.

Last edited:
I intended for a gathering and have some fun with studio lighting. It doesnt have to be so serious/formal like a workshop or anything. No pressure on any of the photographers present. I will explain the basic studio setups, and we will have a relaxing shoot.

So now we have a condo hall in BT, a model or 2, next is to confirm the date and time, and a roll call.
It may be happening afterall....;p

that's nice, I bring the studio lights. Some1 here mentioned he has a friend interested in being the model. Is there any furnishing in the hall? Like chairs, table, benches? Dont need to waste paper if we are doing portraitures, cos I can bring coloured cloth to use with your background stands.

i hv muslin backdrop, but not suitable for full body shot, only portrait type. some chairs, but not good prop. but we dont really need prop unless we want to do full body shoot

anyway, i'm flexible, but wld like to do full body shoot if possible.

with a little creativity, I am sure we can do full body shots. I would like to keep the whole thing $0 if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.