How many hard disks have you owned for photography?

Andreq

Deregistered
Jul 12, 2007
As per subject above.... Especially if you've been into digital photography for 10 years or more, and you are a working professional photographer. :bigeyes:

Even as a hobbyist, I find it beginning to get a bit "overflowing" with more hard-disks to handle than I like.

How do you all usually manage the storage of images, especially when the files these days are getting a lot bigger? Buy more and more hard-disks, or do house keeping and start removing pictures you don't want?

To me, deleting is not the best option. (of cause those blurred and unrelated pics are deleted) Else, keep them organized as per named and make every shutter count. (try one shot one kill)

I personally have two 1.5T and one 500gb, still have tons of spaces.

For my desktop PC, I've got five HDDs + 1 SSD inside it, with four more portable HDDs. Yep; a little on the extreme side, but I'm super paranoid about data backups, and also a packrat. In terms of actual (not counting backup) storage used now though to keep my pictures - it's about 1.2 TB at the moment.

Yah, like you, I've got 6 HDDs (no SSD though) and a few smaller ones. I think I seriously need to get organized soon!

For my desktop PC, I've got five HDDs + 1 SSD inside it, with four more portable HDDs. Yep; a little on the extreme side, but I'm super paranoid about data backups, and also a packrat. In terms of actual (not counting backup) storage used now though to keep my pictures - it's about 1.2 TB at the moment.