How many DSLR on CSnapper hard

Just curious how many DSLR on CSnapper hard

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by longman
Just curious how many DSLR on CSnapper hard

Er...wat is "CSnapper hard"? :dunno:

Me use Nikon D100. I just recommended my friend to buy Canon G3. He bought it and lent it to me to play and I must say I am not having as much fun with my D100 than his G3!:cry: :cry:

I felt cheated!!!

Andy Ho

Originally posted by Andy Ho
Me use Nikon D100. I just recommended my friend to buy Canon G3. He bought it and lent it to me to play and I must say I am not having as much fun with my D100 than his G3!:cry: :cry:

I felt cheated!!!

Andy Ho

thats bcos its a Canon!!!!

I felt cheated!!!

Andy Ho
why le?

Originally posted by longman
Just curious how many DSLR on CSnapper hand

You'll get the same answer, "ONE" because your poll doesn't allow multiple options ;p

Just curious to know, how you conclude not having much fun with your D100 than the G3?

I felt cheated!!!

Andy Ho

Originally posted by pcman
Just curious to know, how you conclude not having much fun with your D100 than the G3?

With all manner of due respect to Nikon Singapore, and Nikon Users I answer this question.

I thought that the D100 will settle my photography needs pretty well. Maybe I was asking for too much but 80% of the time, the white balance is just not accurate. I am very very particular about colour and my eye is so sensitive to colour that I can tell the difference in slight colour changes when most can't even. It comes from my many years of working and dealing with colours in my profession. I just can't stand the inaccuracy I get from my D100 and I got to spend a lot of time in Photoshop trying to correct colour so that I could get the colours right. With digital, it is supposed to make life simpler, not more tedious.

After using Nikon FE2, FM2n, F5 and and F100 for many years and assignments, I just can't get used to the feel of a piece of plastic camera that feels like toy in my hand. Even when I was using Canon's EOS 1N which is plastic body, I don't feel like I am using a toy camera because of the weight and built it has. With Nikon D100, everything has changed.

The Canon G3 that my friend is using not only has it got a metal built, it is downright ergonomical. Function is intuitive and fast. I almost love the camera straight away after fiddling with it and realizing that there are so many extra useful features that are not available in the D100. I played around with the Coolpix 5000 and 5700 and none of them seem to feel as ergonomical as the Canon G3.

It is true that the price you paid for in comparison to other DSLR as being reasonably low, but if you were to compare it to a pro Nikon F5 or F100 and finally knowing that you are settling for a pllastic camera with not much colour accuracy at a slightly lower AF speed and higher price than the F5, how could you not feel that you've been RIPPED...????

I could go on and on but it will only bore you to death.:confused:

Andy Ho

It comes from my many years of working and dealing with colours in my profession. I just can't stand the inaccuracy I get from my D100 and I got to spend a lot of time in Photoshop trying to correct colour so that I could get the colours right. With digital, it is supposed to make life simpler, not more tedious.

Are you shooting in jpeg or raw? The problem with shooting in jpeg is that you lock in any mistakes with the white balance settings. If you shoot in raw, you can re-define the proper colour temperature settings if you feel the original settings were wrong at the time of shooting. This can be easily done without the tedious trial & error method on PhotoShop. It's simply the case of getting the right colour temperature or not!

If you do it before you shoot then it makes life a lot simpler. I normally carry along a colour meter for checking for the actual general colour temperature before I set it on the DSLR bodies. You'll need to use the fine-tune functions to set the proper WB settings (the extra + or - values)... I've attached the WB chart for the D100 below for your ref.

D100WB.jpg

Originally posted by SzennyBoy

Are you shooting in jpeg or raw? The problem with shooting in jpeg is that you lock in any mistakes with the white balance settings. If you shoot in raw, you can re-define the proper colour temperature settings if you feel the original settings were wrong at the time of shooting. This can be easily done without the tedious trial & error method on PhotoShop. It's simply the case of getting the right colour temperature or not!

If you do it before you shoot then it makes life a lot simpler. I normally carry along a colour meter for checking for the actual general colour temperature before I set it on the DSLR bodies. You'll need to use the fine-tune functions to set the proper WB settings (the extra + or - values)... I've attached the WB chart for the D100 below for your ref.

D100WB.jpg

Thanks for the effort in replying me. Try as I may, I can't seemed to get the white balance setting right. Sometimes I don't even know if I should trust the LCD monitor cos it always look different on my monitor.

Just for your info, I am shooting on nothing but RAW mode and colour setting is usually Adobe RGB for wider colour gamut to allow for adjustments without much lost in picture quality. My initial adjustment was done using Nikon Editor and later sent into Photoshop 7.0.1 for retouching dust mark and final correction of colour (usually very close to what i get from Nikon Editor).

I somehow can't help feeling it is a little stupid to be trying to get the colour balance right outdoors when you are doing journalism & documentary photography when action is happening and there you are fumbling to get a correct white balance. C'mon, digital is supposed to make life much simpler. Am I right?

I am sorry if I sound rude or offensive, but I just can't stand the frustration.

Andy Ho

yo man!
yeah understand ur frus.. esp if u paid so much assuming it does away with having to use warm and cool filters ever again... but colour is always subjective I guess... how about if u try to apply a mood to what u shoot? so that the colour is off but conveys the mood? I dunno that's how I deal with poor AWB...
dun shoot me! ;p

Thanks for the effort in replying me. Try as I may, I can't seemed to get the white balance setting right. Sometimes I don't even know if I should trust the LCD monitor cos it always look different on my monitor.

Just for your info, I am shooting on nothing but RAW mode and colour setting is usually Adobe RGB for wider colour gamut to allow for adjustments without much lost in picture quality. My initial adjustment was done using Nikon Editor and later sent into Photoshop 7.0.1 for retouching dust mark and final correction of colour (usually very close to what i get from Nikon Editor).

I somehow can't help feeling it is a little stupid to be trying to get the colour balance right outdoors when you are doing journalism & documentary photography when action is happening and there you are fumbling to get a correct white balance. C'mon, digital is supposed to make life much simpler. Am I right?

I am sorry if I sound rude or offensive, but I just can't stand the frustration.

Andy Ho

No offence taken... I feel your pain!!!

My initial adjustment was done using Nikon Editor and later sent into Photoshop 7.0.1 for retouching dust mark and final correction of colour (usually very close to what i get from Nikon Editor).
I find using the Nikon Editor adjustment setting insufficient. It doesn't allow you to fully access all the settings. It only gives you access to the rudimentary ones that you need for images taken from the Coolpix models. For shots from my D1H and D100, I use the Nikon Capture Editor (Version 3.5) instead. This unlocks to entire range of settings that can be fine-tuned in the post-processing stage of my workflow. I don't normally need to do any further adjustments on Photoshop. You might want to give the Nikon Capture Editor a try to see if it helps. A 30-day trial version can be downloaded from Nikon Digital support website. Here a link to the one in europe...

http://www.nikon-euro.com/nikoneuro2/download/Download_115g.htm

Originally posted by jo3pit
ot

G3 better than d100?

> then i should have known this earlier.. should go with G3 instead...:D

Don't get me wrong. I don't mean G3 is better than D100. I said G3 was more fun. Anyway, to be fair, I have not tried downloading the pictures from G3 to the computer to see how is the colour. But honestly, even if the colour is not so accurate I can still accept it considering the price is so much different from D100.

Andy Ho

Originally posted by SzennyBoy

No offence taken... I feel your pain!!!

I find using the Nikon Editor adjustment setting insufficient. It doesn't allow you to fully access all the settings. It only gives you access to the rudimentary ones that you need for images taken from the Coolpix models. For shots from my D1H and D100, I use the Nikon Capture Editor (Version 3.5) instead. This unlocks to entire range of settings that can be fine-tuned in the post-processing stage of my workflow. I don't normally need to do any further adjustments on Photoshop. You might want to give the Nikon Capture Editor a try to see if it helps. A 30-day trial version can be downloaded from Nikon Digital support website. Here a link to the one in europe...

http://www.nikon-euro.com/nikoneuro2/download/Download_115g.htm

Thanks so much!!! I did not know there is a 30 days trail version for Nikon Capture 3.5!!! This might save me some time. ha ha ha...

Thanks again.:gbounce:

Andy Ho

Status
Not open for further replies.