How many days to spend at Disney Land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plinius

May 22, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi all,

I intend to bring my daughter (2 yr old) to disney land (california). For those who had been there, may i know how many days shld we spend there?

Thanks in advance!

sigh..now then i know how expensive the tickets to disney land are!!!!!

::sweat::

plinius said:
Hi all,

I intend to bring my daughter (2 yr old) to disney land (california). For those who had been there, may i know how many days shld we spend there?

Thanks in advance!

Er I think 1 day is enough, and most 2. I can't remember how much the tickets were, went there 2 years ago by tour.

plinius said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Well.. I was there in March... and for a 2 yr old, I think 1 day is enough. A lot of the rides and attraction is meant more for the 7-12 yrs old age group.

Don't forget to get the fast pass. That will save you lots of time :)

1-2days enough.
I went to the one at tokyo...err....nothing much

thanks for all.....hmmm..me headache now....as Julian has mentioned that most of the rides are for 7-12 yr old, now i am in dilemma on whether to bring my precious there.....not cheap to go there accomodate + disney tickets + air ticket + miscs for Me + Spouse + Daug costs abt USD 1k!

..... :think:

jnifur said:
1-2days enough.
I went to the one at tokyo...err....nothing much

I think no point.
U don't remember what happened when u were 2 yrs old rite?
When she older then go. Unless it's a MUST for U & your wife la.

If you read the reviews at Mouseplanet http://www.mouseplanet.com/tokyo/ you will realize that everyone is agreed the Tokyo Disneyland is a lot more worth visiting than the one in California. Not to mention that the flight to Tokyo is only 7 hours, as opposed to > 14 hours to USA. Not to mention the immigration / terrorist hassles if you choose USA.

I think a 2 year old will not get much out of Disneyland. Better to just visit a beach resort and play in the pool / beach. In fact make sure that your kid meets the height requirement for the rides, otherwise there will be a lot of frustration as well. I realised this when I visited NTUC Theme Park a couple of years ago. Your kid will be old enough to experience strong desires to ride, but not old enough to understand why cannot. Again, Tokyo height requirements are more lenient than USA ones (1 metre vs 1.2 metres) because Japanse are, well, shorter than ang mohs.

Hmm.... Though I went to Japan twice, I never visited Disneyland. :p

This kind of Disney theme park things dun appeal to me very much anyway. And most kids can't remember events clearly in the first 3yrs of their life.

plinius said:
thanks for all.....hmmm..me headache now....as Julian has mentioned that most of the rides are for 7-12 yr old, now i am in dilemma on whether to bring my precious there.....not cheap to go there accomodate + disney tickets + air ticket + miscs for Me + Spouse + Daug costs abt USD 1k!

..... :think:
yeah went there before and some of the rides have age limit..if i'm not wrong..

plinius said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

First you have to ask yourself, do you and your child want to go on all the rides and how many days you intend to spend there. Do you want to rush through Disneyland or do you want to enjoy yourself leisurely?

1 day, 2 days in my opinion is definitely NOT ENOUGH for a child, or for that matter even for adults. You will definitely be rushing around, and queing for the rides, you definitely will not be able to go through all in such a short time.
At times queues can have hundreds of people in line.

Let me share with you my experience, same Disneyland where you are going in Anaheim. I went on a free and easy trip, got air tickets and hotel accomodation from a Sg agent. I arranged for 8 days accomodation at a hotel just outside of Disneyland, there are lots of hotels/motels. I purchased a 5 days Disneyland pass from the hotel (can't remember how much). Balance 3 days spent on travelling around and shopping. The pass will allow 5 days entry into Disneyland, on one of the days you will be allowed early entry, that is before official opening time 9.00am. Think it's 7am.

Having a 5 day pass allowed me and my family to leisurely enjoy ourselves there and we were able to go through all the rides, some more than once. As we had time, we bypassed those that have long queues, went for other rides first. When we felt tired, we exited Disneyland, went back to hotel for a rest and returned again later in the afternoon. You will be allowed entry again on the same day. There are free shuttle services from most hotels/motels to Disneyland entrance, so there is no problem.

There are plenty of different shows and parades everyday and night. With 5 days you will be able to see a lot of shows and parades. Night parades are beautiful, especially Main Street. As for your child, DON'T miss out Toon Town, where all the Cartoon characters are.

Too much to tell you ... but if you think 5 days is too much, then take the 3 days pass, cheaper too. Make sure you and your family enjoy yourself thoroughly, after such a long flight and the amount of money spent.

Not far from Anaheim, there's Universal Studios and Knotts Theme Park where Charlie Brown, Lucy and Snoopy is. You can get there by car.

Agree completely with Teerex, take it slow and your whole family will enjoy it better. The multi-day passes (with early entry) is worth it ... spend the first day, recce what rides are interesting and have long queues, and do those early on the subsequent days. Also, get some rest for the evening parades, eg. Fantasmic ... some of them you gotta be there earlier to get a good vantage point to see the laser shows and parades.

Another point I'd like to add is to find someone ... a friend, colleague, whoever ... who has a Calif driver's license. You get a pretty good discount off the entry with that ... and going by the rates they're charging, it's worth it.

Don't forget to budget for food, beverages, souvenirs, etc ... on some rides they take photos of you, and it's a nice souvenir to get.

I also concur with the other posters who said that your daughter's too young for this ... I'm going to wait till my son's 4 or 5 years old before I take him to Disneyland. In the meantime there are attractions closer to home that are just as much fun but less hassle to get to, eg. Movieworld & Seaworld at the Gold Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.