How many CS members are car enthusiats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff49er

Apr 11, 2003
Punggol Park
Like to know how many members here are into cars.

I have been looking at the Lancer GT in mycarforum.com.

Looks like Lancer can give Civic a run for its $

You mean Lancer EX? Well, the review of this new beauty ain't great as it looks.
Civic, on the other hand, is pure engineering beauty. it looks great, it handles better.

A regular at mcf too.

You mean Lancer EX? Well, the review of this new beauty ain't great as it looks.
Civic, on the other hand, is pure engineering beauty. it looks great, it handles better.

A regular at mcf too.

Sorry what is mcf ? :)

There 2 schools of thoughts for the Lancer GT. Well lets see how the first batch fare. I am in no hurry to get a new ride

me too.. toying ard with a swift sports

Something I got from mcf:

Lancer 2.0GT
Engine: Straight , 4 Cylinders 16-valve 4B11
Power: 155Bhp @ 6000rpm ( 77.6bhp/litre)
Torque: 199Nm @ 4250rpm
Transmission: 5 -speed Manual
Length/width/height: 4570 / 1760 / 1490 mm
Wheelbase: 2635 mm
Kerb weight: 1325 kg
0-100km/h: 9.6 sec

Civic 2.0Si
Engine: Straight , 4-stroke DOHC 16-valve i-VTEC
Power: 155Bhp @ 6000rpm ( 77.6bhp/litre)
Torque: 188Nm @ 4500rpm
Transmission: 5 -speed Manual
Length/width/height: 4550 x 1750 x 1435 mm
Wheelbase: 2700 mm
Kerb weight: 1282 kg
0-100km/h: 9.1 sec

Both cars and cams are pretty expensive hobbies... used to hang around in car forums like the MCF, then stumbled upon CS. From the dark side to the dark light! :sweat:

Oh yeah, my signature says everything!

If possible, dont just read the specs. Go for a real spin and talk to enthusiasts in car clubs of the same brand and league. Just like a mac and a PC. It may have the same hardwares and an oem korean screen, but both performs differently. Some like one brand, some dont.

As for opinions, I am inclined to believe that civic has hatched off a new breed of road runners. Also, I do not have very good experiences with C&C in the past and current as well. But these are just my personal encounters. You may feel otherwise.

But if you are intending to book a CL 600 with 730hp BRABUS SV12 S Biturbo Coupe, then you will be enjoying a cigar with 2 babes attending to you by the pool with your choice of sun tan lotion. just kidding...

However, with whatever said or that you can gathered through meet ups and online googling, go for what your instinct tells you. Believe in what you have invested in and enjoy it. But, remember to take good care of the car to make it perform at its best. Adding those junks wont really help boost performance if one dont even bother with a faithful oil and tranny fluid change.

Car enthusiast? I don't qualify to be an 'enthusiast' level, but lets just say that even though there's little chance of me getting a car (unless I decided to stop travelling altogether), I like cars. :)

I'd usually look at smaller cars (like sub-1000cc categories) or hatchbacks.

Maybe its the neow streak in me. I prefer sub-1000cc cars for a reason - they drink less. Of cos, dats with my relatively non-aggressive driving.

Anyone looking at Lancer?

There is the ICE, suspension, bodykit and HID lights. Something that Kah doenst give.

Funny thing is I like to drive a Manual car but when it comes to camera, I prefer semi auto :think::embrass:

Actually I'd say the earlier version of the Lancer is value-for-money.

It is decently priced for a truly Make-In-Japan vehicle. Unlike the earlier versions, it is rather fuel economy. For a 1.6L, you'll pay a much lower road tax (abt $500 a yr).

Do go for a test drive if possible.

You may also like to visit the respective forums to read the views of what existing owners say.

I went down to look at the lancer,appearance is not tat bad...but the car seems to be quite heavy.

Saw someone test drove the 1.6 version,the noise from the exhaust or engine is v loud.Like those China make cars...Kind of disappointed,the previous version will be better in this aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.