how many audiophiles are photographers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychobiologist

Mar 13, 2007
Atlanta, GA
:dunno:

somehow i feel an interesting presence of people from both echoloft and sgheadphones around here

common hobbies? :bsmilie:

Used to be ... sort of. I got influenced by a friend who went the Thorens/Linn Sondek/Pink T route, and I sacrificed my virginity to an old but entirely decent Rotel belt-drive, on-board arm, Linn MM/A&R/Goldring MM, Nytech Int/Celestion Dittons, then moved up to a Rega P3, AT sumtink or another high-end MC, Musical Fidelity Int and Naim amps and really old KEF monitors with real wood (not veneer) panels, and last set-up was a Pink T, Syrinx PU3/Decca London Gold, Musical Fidelity Pre and Rotel Power and I forget what speakers.

Can't afford to be anymore - no space and no marnie. Sides, my Pink needs surgery, and I have no idea where my Pre went and I'll need new speakers. LOL!

I think a lot of guys get turned on by the tech/hi performance/aesthetic stuff. For some, it's cameras, hi-fi, or computers, RC cars, real cars, marine aquariums etc. Don't often hear of high performance stree bikes though.

Not much experience on home Hi-Fi but more into Pro Audio.

Not much experience on home Hi-Fi but more into Pro Audio.
I was an audiophile before '91 but I gave up after having visited a recording studio and listened to their recordings. Now I have switched to pro audio coz the equipment are cheaper. :bsmilie:

Used to be ... sort of. I got influenced by a friend who went the Thorens/Linn Sondek/Pink T route, and I sacrificed my virginity to an old but entirely decent Rotel belt-drive, on-board arm, Linn MM/A&R/Goldring MM, Nytech Int/Celestion Dittons, then moved up to a Rega P3, AT sumtink or another high-end MC, Musical Fidelity Int and Naim amps and really old KEF monitors with real wood (not veneer) panels, and last set-up was a Pink T, Syrinx PU3/Decca London Gold, Musical Fidelity Pre and Rotel Power and I forget what speakers.

Can't afford to be anymore - no space and no marnie. Sides, my Pink needs surgery, and I have no idea where my Pre went and I'll need new speakers. LOL!

I think a lot of guys get turned on by the tech/hi performance/aesthetic stuff. For some, it's cameras, hi-fi, or computers, RC cars, real cars, marine aquariums etc. Don't often hear of high performance stree bikes though.

wahhh rega p3 :p lovely TT. i'm using rega's cdp

i'm super toned down on the audio hobby already, used to grow up listening to all sorts of audio paraphernalia as my dad used to be a serious tube lover.

lenco TT with a krell ksa 150..

i've sold off everything else to fund my cameras!

I am a basic hobbyist... basic DSLR, basic marantz cd & integrated amp with speakers... lol...

got Sennheiser HD555 consider audiophile or not ?? :bsmilie::bsmilie:....

anyways keep this thread going, will be interesting know whats coming up in the audio/music industry

I was an audiophile before '91 but I gave up after having visited a recording studio and listened to their recordings. Now I have switched to pro audio coz the equipment are cheaper. :bsmilie:

I dont find pro audio equipments cheap. In fact I think they would have cost a lot more. Like for instance, a pair of Meyersound HD1 speakers would have easily cost $15k. Of course there are cheaper alternatives but not as good.

use to be ...but tone a down a lot
the good thing abt hifi...the 2nd price for the 'classic' equipment never seem to dropped.. e.g audiolab.....marantz 63 MKII ki signature. when it more than/nearing 10years old

Wont consider myself an audiophile. But very into stereo equipment. Current system includes: 1)211 tube amp(China) 2)Audio research LS2 pre. 3)Audio research DAC 3 mk2 converter 4)Cayin CDT 17A CD player 5)Usher 6311 speakers 6)Mitchell syncrodec turntable 7)Trichord research phono amp/power supply. Photography and music................ummm perfect for unwinding.

Try this place for your HT needs

Seng Heng is ok, but there are alternatives esp if you wish to explore other brands

P

Caught the HI FI Fever arriving in Singapore. Bought and sold a lot of little rectangular boxes over the years.

Stopped for a while with the pregnancy of my wife.

But still have a room with :

Full Electrocompaniet system :

CD EMC1
DAC ECD1
PRE EC 4.7
Stage TT to line Electrocompaniet
POWER monoblocs AW 180 watts
Cassette deck NAKAMICHI
Headphones Stax Sigma Pro
Turntable VPI scout with special black lacquer finnish.
Speakers Infinity KAPPA 8 Brazilian Rose (Santos) Wood
Rack Coherence Audio (the one that holds the MBL).

Still looking for a MAgnum Dynalab tuner.

Still have for sale : Acoustic solid turntable.

Nowadays, just listen to background music and my two year old son singing. Did not find the courage to sell my unused HIFI set. :embrass:

Caught the HI FI Fever arriving in Singapore. Bought and sold a lot of little rectangular boxes over the years.

Stopped for a while with the pregnancy of my wife.

But still have a room with :

Full Electrocompaniet system :

CD EMC1
DAC ECD1
PRE EC 4.7
Stage TT to line Electrocompaniet
POWER monoblocs AW 180 watts
Cassette deck NAKAMICHI
Headphones Stax Sigma Pro
Turntable VPI scout with special black lacquer finnish.
Speakers Infinity KAPPA 8 Brazilian Rose (Santos) Wood
Rack Coherence Audio (the one that holds the MBL).

Still looking for a MAgnum Dynalab tuner.

Still have for sale : Acoustic solid turntable.

Nowadays, just listen to background music and my two year old son singing. Did not find the courage to sell my unused HIFI set. :embrass:

COOL!!!

My dream to always have the CD EMC1 ... but was abit worried bout support since here in Singapore heard there was no more agent? :dunno:

I'm using a mixed pre/power system - and its seriously mixed with components from pro audio and normal audiophile stuff... using a magnum dynalabs FM antenna (the only thing i could afford :bsmilie: - got it @ special price since i know someone who owns the shop)

Hoping to replace my preamp with an audiolab 8000C ... can't seem to find it nowadays

Electrocompaniet has been taken over by another company. For a moment High End research was no longer willing to support the brand for what ever reason. So I wrote to electrocompaniet in norway and they have been very supportive.

I think now everything is back on track with them.

Isn't high end research that is the agent here in sg for Dynalb as well?

COOL!!!

My dream to always have the CD EMC1 ... but was abit worried bout support since here in Singapore heard there was no more agent? :dunno:

I'm using a mixed pre/power system - and its seriously mixed with components from pro audio and normal audiophile stuff... using a magnum dynalabs FM antenna (the only thing i could afford :bsmilie: - got it @ special price since i know someone who owns the shop)

Hoping to replace my preamp with an audiolab 8000C ... can't seem to find it nowadays

Electrocompaniet has been taken over by another company. For a moment High End research was no longer willing to support the brand for what ever reason. So I wrote to electrocompaniet in norway and they have been very supportive.

I think now everything is back on track with them.

Isn't high end research that is the agent here in sg for Dynalb as well?

Strange...

Looks as though its quite safe to go back to hunting for the EMC CD1 though i'm quite worried about laser problems - i understand they need to be replaced like a turntable's stylus.

Yeap, they're the sole agent for sonus faber, magnum dynalabs as well ...

Status
Not open for further replies.