How many are trying the new Google Chrome browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
i'm trying it now and it is really faster than my Firefox 3.0. ;p

but, i really dun like Google Chrome for 'remembering' where i've been and it is pretty darn hard to remove history from the browser.

Dont tell me you're surfing objectional websites? :bsmilie:

jkjk. dont get offended

Last edited:
yep. but i get problems displaying chinese characters for some reason... so there are some threads here in CS dat i see nothing but squares. do you know wat i need to do? :dunno:

couldn't installed in office..so not using it now..
installed at home last nite..haven't try pages with unicode characters yet..but there should be a character encoding feature for u to select..try the top 2 icons on the right..

blazing fast, comparable to opera. And the incognito mode has it's uses :bsmilie:
Though, website compatibility is a bit on the poorer side for now.

couldn't installed in office..so not using it now..
installed at home last nite..haven't try pages with unicode characters yet..but there should be a character encoding feature for u to select..try the top 2 icons on the right..

tried. but no can do... sent a bug report to Google. ;p

Does anyone else miss not being able to display your entire bookmark lists in a sidebar? Or am I missing something? :think:

Does anyone else miss not being able to display your entire bookmark lists in a sidebar? Or am I missing something? :think:

The closest I could find is the bookmarks bar at the top [Ctrl + B]. I don't think it has a sidebar?

Yeh had been testing it since Tue and there are bugs and I think not complete.
Problems with java as well.

Yes buggy indeed..but wouldn't complain for its the fastest browser ever used..imagine all tis years with IE we can get content faster..but we aren't provided for..can we sue Microsoft for time loss for not providing a faster browser? :bsmilie:

Still prefer IE8 Beta. Loads faster than IE7, more stable, and best is the InPrivate browsing. Super cool! :)

The amount of marketing and personal data that Google collects will be amazing. Google stands to become the depository of more private information that any other entity in instory. Not that yahoo and micorsoft are not doing the same thing, and let's not forget Apple and others, but such degree of integration is scarry.

I know it's in its infancy, but if Chrome can come up to speed with the plug-ins that Firefox has, I have to seriously consider switching over to Chrome.

Right now, it's still Firefox thanks to all the wonderful plug-ins.

seems that IE8 was totally rescipted. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I think Chrome is pretty fast, and combines the best of IE and FF... (so far...)

I've downloaded the latest update of javascript..
but y my javascript still can't run on chrome?

:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

Hmmmm I had higher opinion on Google products before using this browser.

1. Some sites cannot even render properly
2. Lack of Fonts support.
3. Nothing great on this brower to talk about

I still stick with other browsers. Please don’t waste your time on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.