how make background blurry like dslr

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwisetyo

Nov 6, 2004
jakarta
hai guys. i'm new fz20 owner, how shoot picture with background looks blur, like dslr do? thx

dwisetyo said:
hai guys. i'm new fz20 owner, how shoot picture with background looks blur, like dslr do? thx
Ensure the biggest aperture size (F2.8) and max Zoom (12X). To do so, you need to set to Aperture priority and maintain f2.8 stop

dwisetyo said:

you can never shoot a picture that has a blured background as blur as DSLR's do. the best u can get is 12X...F2.8 and place the subject at minimum focus distance. ;)

SpitFir3 said:
you can never shoot a picture that has a blured background as blur as DSLR's do. the best u can get is 12X...F2.8 and place the subject at minimum focus distance. ;)

What about trying it with a ND filter? Does it help? :dunno: :think:

JimDavis said:
Yes, sometimes it does help when the environment is too bright to use f2.8 and min shutter speed hit (1/2000 s)

JimDavis said:

no it doesnt unless u want it to help achieve f2.8 that is..

thanks don, but sometimes jitter occur, do i use tripod or coz my false position when took picture ?, sorry i'm begginer and fully thanks of your tips

SpitFir3 said:
no it doesnt unless u want it to help achieve f2.8 that is..

Ohhhh....ok...I will try some test shots tomorrow if it is not going to rain...with F2.8.....blur background.... :bsmilie:

dwisetyo said:
thanks don, but sometimes jitter occur, do i use tripod or coz my false position when took picture ?, sorry i'm begginer and fully thanks of your tips

no problem. for beginner, any shutter speed above 1/125s with full optical zoom can shoot without tripod. of course, it's good to use tripod and a remote shutter release.

donkuok said:
Ensure the biggest aperture size (F2.8) and max Zoom (12X). To do so, you need to set to Aperture priority and maintain f2.8 stop

Hiee....

Just note that the f2.8 here is not the same as the f2.8 you have on the 35mm slr world where imager (sensor/film) is larger in area ......physically.

This notation of f2.8 may just be a notation to tell you the size of the aperture in relation to the light falling into the imager for a defined exposure value...the depth of field ....is therefore totally different....between the two system - its has its own maths ......

The f2.8 that you have on your FZ20 has a deeper depth-of-field....

So to get a blur background......ensure your distance to subject A is shorter than the subject to background B...... A<B....(better if the minimum focus distance is short)...

Try it...

rgds,
sulhan

nothing beats photoshop...on the note that you are good at it and you have time to edit every photo.
or you can try filters...

kentaroC said:
nothing beats photoshop...on the note that you are good at it and you have time to edit every photo.
or you can try filters...

hey not true :nono: ...bluring in ps will not be as nice as the true lens bokeh.

F2.8 itself won't give you blur background. You must use zoom to get blur background. The near the subject and the more the zoom with F2.8, the more blur background you get.

On my FZ20, I sometimes use F5.2 with zoom and still get blur background.

sulhan said:
Hiee....

Just note that the f2.8 here is not the same as the f2.8 you have on the 35mm slr world where imager (sensor/film) is larger in area ......physically.

This notation of f2.8 may just be a notation to tell you the size of the aperture in relation to the light falling into the imager for a defined exposure value...the depth of field ....is therefore totally different....between the two system - its has its own maths ......

The f2.8 that you have on your FZ20 has a deeper depth-of-field....

So to get a blur background......ensure your distance to subject A is shorter than the subject to background B...... A<B....(better if the minimum focus distance is short)...

Try it...

rgds,
sulhan

from wat i know f2.8 has a shallow depth of field not deeper. To increase the blur effect, you can use close-up +2 filter.

Just shot a sample
14181DSCF0513_Small_.JPG

F Number : 2.80
Exposure Program : Normal Program
ISO Speed : 200
Metering Mode : Multi Segment
Flash : Flash was not fired
Focal Length : 18.2 mm
Shutter Speed : 1/4

thanks again don, I really glad for your tips, now i can't try your tips, one more question don, is it matter shoot picture through evf with right eyes than left, Is it caused jitter problem ? ( really beginner in photography)

dwisetyo said:
thanks again don, I really glad for your tips, now i can't try your tips, one more question don, is it matter shoot picture through evf with right eyes than left, Is it caused jitter problem ? ( really beginner in photography)

to me doesnt matter, so long you feel comfortable. but based on the manual, they recommend to close your right eye.

donkuok said:
F Number : 2.80
Exposure Program : Normal Program
ISO Speed : 200
Metering Mode : Multi Segment
Flash : Flash was not fired
Focal Length : 18.2 mm
Shutter Speed : 1/4

Hi

Care to explain how you actually know the focal length?

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
Hi

Care to explain how you actually know the focal length?

Cheers
John

Right click any original pictures > Properties > Summary > Advanced

Another blur background image , edited in PS also.
flower2.jpg

Peace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.