How mad will u be if Avatar takes the Best Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

giantcanopy

Feb 11, 2007
SG
Not that I really give much of a hoot about the awards, but after all the hype about Avatar ushering a new era of filming, the rampant ads splashed practically everywhere, cummulating to my free ticket entry for the 3D Avatar viewing. Visuals and audio was an orgasmic feast, but it did not do much redeemption to the otherwise paper thin story, nothing much to marvel about.

What are ur thoughts :bsmilie:

.. anyway i will go get a copy when the dvd comes out and rewatch with my parents a later date ..

ryan

As much as when Titanic took the Best Picture.

What's wrong with Avatar? I liked the movie a lot. :embrass:

gone are the days when you had limited CG, so you had to concentrate on a good storyline and great acting.

now it's just the audience being entertained with a visual feast , whether it is eye candy, or hot fast action....

Not that I really give much of a hoot about the awards, but after all the hype about Avatar ushering a new era of filming, the rampant ads splashed practically everywhere, cummulating to my free ticket entry for the 3D Avatar viewing. Visuals and audio was an orgasmic feast, but it did not do much redeemption to the otherwise paper thin story, nothing much to marvel about.

What are ur thoughts :bsmilie:

.. anyway i will go get a copy when the dvd comes out and rewatch with my parents a later date ..

ryan

VERY....

and I haven't even seen this show yet... :bsmilie:

i didn't get to watch it, london too expensive...... :cry:

Awww... sayang. Okay I try to look for "alternative copies" from JB for you ok? What is the price of movie tickets now anyway? The last time I watched at the turn of the century, was nine quid.

I think Hurt Locker is so much a better movie.

I've been waiting for that movie ever since I finished it in err... themoviespoiler ;p (yes, most of the time, I finish a movie before I've even started)
I didn't realize until lately that it was directed by Cameron's ex-spouse.

Last edited:
Apparently Dr. Mahathir's IQ score dropped by ten fold after watching avatar and he is already a retard to begin with. :bsmilie:

[vid]_ZewcnqiZzc[/vid]

his a politician...his iq was never very high to begin with.....i think his is around -1000.

As much as when Titanic took the Best Picture.

What's wrong with Avatar? I liked the movie a lot. :embrass:

i think Titanic has abit more story than Avatar. My little 2 cents. If Avatar wins, it is an endorsement of high budget visual gusto. I like it too. but in a different way, entertainment non the less.

I think Hurt Locker is so much a better movie.

I heard so much about Hurt Locker it hurts me not to watch it :bsmilie: I caught a couple others like Inglourious B******s, District 9, Up.. and I thought they were great too.

Somehow i think the Academy’s taste will prevail. Cameron will walk up and all hail the king of the blue people

ryan

Apparently Dr. Mahathir's IQ score dropped by ten fold after watching avatar and he is already a retard to begin with. :bsmilie:

[vid]_ZewcnqiZzc[/vid]

He is identifying with the blue people. See , even the background behind him is blue.

I'll be mad if I can't take good pictures :blah:

I wonder what's the fuss is all about. I watched it like 3-4 weeks ago and I didn't really like it. My gf even fell asleep in the middle of the movie. :sweat:

It's the usual visual spectacle. Granted it does looks good. Even with my friend's insistence that i'm missing out something by not watching it in 3D, I wouldn't. The story is not worth my time watching it a second time.

Does it feel like one of those movies with some moral behind the story that happens to be cliché or is it just me. I don't think aliens needed to be involved to make a statement about the environment or the still ongoing WOT.

To be fair, the aliens were motion-captured. So even when they are CG, the actions and facial expressions were acted out like regular movies. Of course, the creatures and stuffs are still CG.

I would rather something like Inglourious Basterds win. :D

[vid]_ZewcnqiZzc[/vid]

Listen halfway, I cannot tahan anymore... haiz. What a BLOODY moron.

Just a thought, how come Avatar is not placed in the Animated Category as well.

Three_wa.jpg

The CGI is so good they regarded them as real

I would rather something like Inglourious Basterds win. :D

Woot! Col Hans Landa rocks the socks

Status
Not open for further replies.