How mad will u be if Avatar takes the Best Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the movie was quite awesome. Do I have bad taste? :embrass:

It is really cool to watch it in 3D and considering that the script was completed something like 9 years ago, it is not too bad. Anyone still remember local tv from 9 years back?

I thought the movie was quite awesome. Do I have bad taste? :embrass:

It is really cool to watch it in 3D and considering that the script was completed something like 9 years ago, it is not too bad. Anyone still remember local tv from 9 years back?
Actually the script was originally conceived 20 years ago, James Cameron merely ripped it off. ;p

Avatar is overhyped.. period.. Our little buddies at the Academy are going to suck Cameron off, if not it's going to The Hurt Locker. Inglourious Basterds can't even compete for best picture. It was funny, tarantino-ish and all but it lacked any sort of message to the audience.. For me, best picture nominations and wins are about great acting, screenplay, direction, setting and the message that the movie delivers.. In that sense, I'd vote for The Hurt Locker, Invictus (not nominated), or Up In The Air.. All these movies were extremely meaningful

The Hurt Locker told us the story of the situation Iraq in the most realistic portrayal so far;
Invictus shows what it means to be a nation;
Up in the Air tells us how important it is to maintain good relationships in life.

BTW I thought Avatar was a fairly good movie, but it is nowhere near a Golden Globe or an Oscar.. Maybe it could win best cinematography and visual effects but nothing else.. It is beaten by District 9 in all aspects except visual effects really..

Actually the script was originally conceived 20 years ago, James Cameron merely ripped it off. ;p

I don't feel it's the same but in any case, that other movie won 7 Academy Awards. If Cameron "copied", he certained picked a good these.

Based on visual and CGI effects, Avatar would be ahead of many films of this genre. But then again, not many films would have this budget to start off with.

As for the script, some of you may remember the 1992 animated movie called Fern Gully. The theme has many similarities.

Read this blog article, or better still watch Fern Gully if you can get your hands on a copy. It's quite a nice cartoon actually. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.