how long u woo a gal before giving up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
i have been introducing gals to my friends.

i find this trends of guys nowaday. Guys gave up wooing a gal very fast after a few tries and when he didn't get the response he need, he moves to another gal.

Sometimes I am wondering if this is right? as going after a gal is not like a few emails or 1 to 2 dates, she no response, then gave up.

Going after a gal, need effort and how can the guys expect the gal to immediately fall in love with him and react with positive interest after a few tries? Unless the gal is desperate,right?

Just like learning photography, do u gave up after a few tries? No right!

Seem that my friends have no persistence. ... Or maybe after a few tries, they can sense that the gals are not interested and switch target!

Comments guys? do u gave up wooing a gal after a few tries and switch your target?

For me, i dun, i persist. Even if ultimately, i cannot hold her hand, we will end up as good friends.

Awww....heartwarming. But in reality...when the girl is not interested...really means she's not interested.

Maybe your friends didn't pick up hints of opportunity...if any? :lovegrin:

guess what.. i am still waiting alrite... for the 5th year... and still waiting..

waiting....

and still waiting...

sometimes i do wonder if she is worth the waiting and patience of mine...

sbs99 said:
Awww....heartwarming. But in reality...when the girl is not interested...really means she's not interested.

Maybe your friends didn't pick up hints of opportunity...if any? :lovegrin:

when i meant is that, sometimes gals take time to open up to NEW friendship right?

from strangers to friends to close friends to lovers, take time loh.

if my guy friends are so impatient and expect positive interest in such a short time (some less than 1 month, gave up liao! )....

dunno what u all think?

glennyong said:
guess what.. i am still waiting alrite... for the 5th year... and still waiting..

waiting....

and still waiting...

sometimes i do wonder if she is worth the waiting and patience of mine...

aiya...told u before liao .. Britney Spears is not the gal for you! :bsmilie:

1 month impossible la.. but if the girl is interested in him over his $$ den its an entirely different matter..

but for me... like now... i have known this girl for soo long.. yet i still know nuts about her...

reason being, she said, theres nothing i should know about since we are juz friends...

see ? a line is being drawn.. so when it comes to developing friendship into something else.. its kinda hard when lines are drawn so clearly..

Stereobox said:
aiya...told u before liao .. Britney Spears is not the gal for you! :bsmilie:

eewww.... shes... soooo da... fako..... erm... the girl i like.. although nt as pretty as her, but she does has something i see in her that surely overwhelms her....

nt gonna tell u... =p

to some life is short, how many 'five years' do one have to wait for the right gal?

I don't woo girls.. best is to know them as friends first then decide later "character match" or not.

No harm knowing more friends right ;)

glennyong said:
1 month impossible la.. but if the girl is interested in him over his $$ den its an entirely different matter..

but for me... like now... i have known this girl for soo long.. yet i still know nuts about her...

reason being, she said, theres nothing i should know about since we are juz friends...

see ? a line is being drawn.. so when it comes to developing friendship into something else.. its kinda hard when lines are drawn so clearly..

you have reached the point whereby she told u that "we are juz friends", but my friends didn't even reach this stage. they are just being introduced, a few emails, some better one got 1 outing, then, they are discouraged, then gave up.

Snowcrash said:
to some life is short, how many 'five years' do one have to wait for the right gal?

I don't woo girls.. best is to know them as friends first then decide later "character match" or not.

Agreed...
friends more better the enemies...

Nowadays, everything is convenient and immediate ie. instance coffee, instance noodles, instance photos. Perhaps they were expecting instance relationship too??? :) :)

I think there are two schools of thought. One is honesty and the other is being the norm.

if u are honest, u will tell a gal why u like her and she will tell u why she like u. of cos u are the one most qualified to judge yourself.

So if u screw up in relationship. U got no one but yourself to blame

Snowcrash said:

no need to have 5 years ;p

my friends have even reached 5 months, say discouraged liao and gave up and want to switch target liao.

jeffhiew said:
Nowadays, everything is convenient and immediate ie. instance coffee, instance noodles, instance photos. Perhaps they were expecting instance relationship too??? :) :)

maybe you are right!

btw, they are all first timer (they never have any gf before)... maybe they treat relationship like project works... must be fast to meet deadline. :what:

Singapore is a productive and efficient and effective country. So are the people.
"Ai mai? Mai? Sua-ah!" mentality. Dont keep hoggling on the deal..its either done deal, or no deal, Just like what my boss always said also..

We are also a very globalised citystate, fact think we top the charts this round.
So choices are aplenty..shelf spaces are definitely getting tight (just like new condo apt sizes), but if they think they can still get book on a lot somewhere, then let them stick there loh..

reminds me of a big Toy'R'Us store with a huge Barbie dolls only rack..and all the other friendlier-looking, more ingenius toys everywhere else...wonder whats the view from up there.

Like Sun Tzu, my personal say is 2 smiles, 2 ask dates, 2 hookups...after that still no definite response...sign...

*case anyone asking why Sun Tzu?...1st time maybe my mistake you didnt get my message, 2nd time?...YOUR problem.

It all depends if the guy (or girl) feels that is worth it to woo and wait for the other party. The variable here is perhaps the level and depth of interest. If the foundation is not there, the slightest distraction or wind blow and the whole thing is called off.

In certain cases, I believe that it takes 2 to clap. This is of course the best case scenario when both parties have positive impressions on one another. From there, friendship can develop and the story goes on.

Our purpose of life is to live and to live well, we have to make ourself happy. what will you get from wooing a girl for so long? remember, no girls are worth making guys unhappy.

yah... simple.. if paul's friends think that wooing girls is like a project thing, den theres onli1 word to call them

childish.

if they think girls are easy prey, den they are wrong. let them go out and experience life. 5 mths..

so are they telling me that my wait of 5 years for this girl is crap ?

think about it...

Paul_Yeo said:
no need to have 5 years ;p

my friends have even reached 5 months, say discouraged liao and gave up and want to switch target liao.

longest i waited was 7 years...she got engaged then marriage. I was still in n.s....i gave up. After 7 years.

It was painful. But it was a darn good lesson. Don't waste time. :sweatsm:

Women are nothing but trouble.

And men are nothing but trouble-seekers. :sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.