How Long should Camera send for General Servicing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RudyPROJ

Jun 24, 2005
Hi Members

How long would you take ur camera for general servicing (fully camera cleaning)?

My camera have been spotted with some dust even though seldom use.

So how long do you send ur for maintainance ?

My D70 has been in use for close to 2 years and I have yet to send in for general servicing. Reason: too expensive to warrant a general servicing but rather it pays to do routine cleaning and maintenance rather than rely on that general servicing. Routine maintenance goes a long way for my case.

Send it in a month before your warranty expires.

Depends on your use, I guess. I sent in my camera for general servicing after about 11 months of use, quite infrequent lens changes and just over 10,000 shots.

Some pros send in their equpiment for sensor cleaning every 1 to 3 months! (But I hear they are sponsored, so the cleaning service is free for them).

i send in my camera every 200,000 shutter releases. my 3rd shutter change now and its darn expensive... :bheart:

RudyPROJ said:
Hi Members

How long would you take ur camera for general servicing (fully camera cleaning)?

My camera have been spotted with some dust even though seldom use.

So how long do you send ur for maintainance ?

dont bother. just use until it gives problems

synapseman said:
Some pros send in their equpiment for sensor cleaning every 1 to 3 months! (But I hear they are sponsored, so the cleaning service is free for them).

If you're a normal guy with a pro camera even worse! They charge you the pro list price to get the camera checked, not even servicing yet! I dont remember how much but its in the hundreds. If you have a pro film camera might as well get a new camera if it kaputs.

glennyong said:
i send in my camera every 200,000 shutter releases. my 3rd shutter change now and its darn expensive... :bheart:
You pro :thumbsup:

glennyong said:

How much is the shutter replacement? yours D2H?

_espn_ said:
You pro :thumbsup:

alamak.. i where gt pro... i am like u... 7-5 face boss.... boss not happy, i pack bag pack files and go liao....

i shutter high is because when in office nothing to do i take camera and exercise shutter like what nikon guru teach one... must exercise shutter...

:embrass:

anyway. i am hoping u can teach me on how to take fashion / modelling shoots also.... :embrass: (i mean seriously...)

jeffhiew said:
How much is the shutter replacement? yours D2H?

first 2 times was $500 plus because gt replace other components....

now the third time was like $300+ cant exactly remember. i lost the service slip already. think the dog bit the service slip and the other documents already...

now because of the "ERR" have to send in again.. and i am gg to be like so broke soon... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.