How long have you own it?

How long have you own a particular DSLR model?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Announcement of new DSLR models before PMA 2005 has caused a lot of discussion.

Some happy because their preferred brand has come out with a new model.

Some unhappy because their preferred brand has come out with a new model.

Some unhappy because their preferred brand didn't announce a replacement YET.

Some happy because their preferred brand didn't come out with an improved model with the same price YET.

Some unhappy because their preferred brand come out with an improved model with the same price.

Just curious, in view of all these. How long have you been using a particular model of DSLR?

binbeto said:
Announcement of new DSLR models before PMA 2005 has caused a lot of discussion.

Some happy because their preferred brand has come out with a new model.

Some unhappy because their preferred brand has come out with a new model.

Some unhappy because their preferred brand didn't announce a replacement YET.

Some happy because their preferred brand didn't come out with an improved model with the same price YET.

Some unhappy because their preferred brand come out with an improved model with the same price.

Just curious, in view of all these. How long have you been using a particular model of DSLR?

Hahaha, shoot film then :devil:

But I have my film camera for over 10 years already, and it is still going strong.
If you shoot film then you have to gripe about your scanner. ha ha

My DSLR is a SLR with a built in scanner.

SniperD said:
My 10D from May 2003 till today.. still a good workhorse :)
It'd better be, considering the fact it was a gift from a loved one!!

SniperD :kok:

theITguy said:
Hahaha, shoot film then :devil:

Anyway, I shoot film. In fact slide mainly.

** Please dun turn this into film Vs digital war lah.. **

Who voted >36mths? Interested to know the user and model.

My little bah zhang has served me well for 15 months. :) and still no intention of replacing it :)

binbeto said:
Who voted >36mths? Interested to know the user and model.

I've been using my S1pro till last Oct when I got my D70. Now the S1 is my stand-by cam. Funny thing though, the last time I took out the S1 to use half way through a shoot with the D70, my client though that it is a higher end cam!!! :bsmilie:

1st DSLR for over 3 years then upgraded to second for 1 week then replace by manufacturer for 4 months then currently awaiting replacement for the replacement... hopefully in 6 weeks time! Currently using a loaner from the shop until replacement arrives! :cry:

My experience with DSLR was for 1 month or less... Went back to analog photography afterwhich.

yqt said:
I've been using my S1pro till last Oct when I got my D70. Now the S1 is my stand-by cam. Funny thing though, the last time I took out the S1 to use half way through a shoot with the D70, my client though that it is a higher end cam!!! :bsmilie:

Is a 2nd hand S1 Pro a good beginner DSLR?I'm currently using a S5000.

My Leica M6 had served me well for over 4 years and still going strong! I dun even have the slight intention of changing or upgrading my system! :D

The_Cheat said:
My experience with DSLR was for 1 month or less... Went back to analog photography afterwhich.
Why? It would be interesting to hear your reasons/experience. Just curious. Don't want to turn this into digital vs film discussion.

The_Cheat said:

Good choice!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seem like majority actually hold on to a DSLR for at least 10 mths.

Quite a number hold on for more than 1.5yrs.

FIlm or digital is just a choice.. No one is any better than the next. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.