How long have you been shooting on a SLR/DSLR?

I've used a SLR/DSLR for the following number of years...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
just something that rings in my mind. everyone seems to call himself a newbie.....

i'm certainly one. i shoot less than a year.

frm SLR to DSLR.. painful learning process of losing loads of $ developing flim in the past...

and i started from SLR. DSLR is still something new even though i am in it for 4yrs....

Flim still better. so on and off. slides like Provia and Velvia is my preferred medium..

hahahaa.... if only i can go into MF.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Started SLR about 15 years or more ago but lost all the gear before I can pratice enough. did not use any SLR until last september. so DSLR experience is about 9 months.

In this case dont know which category I belong to.:dunno: still a newbie

I gotten my 1st DSLR on Sep 2005..

hmm majority < 3 yrs :D and i am in majority group

Hmm...

learnt SLR techniques from fren in mid 90's;
used film SLRs on/off till got my own in '01;
got my first DSLR in late '04..

Where does my vote go then? :)

scandisk said:
hey bro, how u been ? hope the casing been useful for you....me almost 1.5 yrs DSLR...yalah newbie osolah...

still working. but haven't have a chance to travel.

2yrs for me.

I almost gave it up after a snide comment (from someone here. He rarely ventures in now) that was fired to me upon seeing my pictures from a PnS.

His comment 2yrs ago (talking abt bearing a grudge)? "Get a proper camera and shoot for goodness sake."

Fortunately, it did not hit me hard enough to stop me from snubbing Photography altogether.

jsbn said:
2yrs for me.

I almost gave it up after a snide comment (from someone here. He rarely ventures in now) that was fired to me upon seeing my pictures from a PnS.

His comment 2yrs ago (talking abt bearing a grudge)? "Get a proper camera and shoot for goodness sake."

Fortunately, it did not hit me hard enough to stop me from snubbing Photography altogether.
This guy who commented with that statement must be someone that has nothing better to do....
:sticktong

less than 2 yrs and shot less than 20k of pictures as well... :)

cerebrus said:
Why is there no 'Never owned' option? :)

From Film rangefinder jumped straight to P&S....

just wonder what is the demographic of those who shot on the expensive SLR/DSLRs and their expensive accessories, e.g. lenses .... didn't think of those who is shooting on p&s at first.

JediForce4ever said:
This guy who commented with that statement must be someone that has nothing better to do....
:sticktong
At least he was.... 2yrs ago.

Oh well, his existence was a mere passing phase in my course of life.

Less than a year for me...my 1st anniversary comes in September ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.