How long have you been into photography?

Since how long have you been into photography seriously? (As of Mar 2006)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
student said:
And that is precisely why I said "catching up with technology" have nothing to do with making better images.

However, there is a qualitiative difference in the way images are presented. And technology are not necessarily better.

In my chosen area of B&W photography, I have seen the same image printed with the latest of digital technology and one of the oldest of printing methods. I am referring to platinum printing. The digital print is beautiful. But it pales when compared side by side to the platinum print.

New does not equal better. And it would do youth a lot of good to understand that.

I am replying to those who seem to deride the "older folks" who do not want to play "catch up with technology".
very true, b&W platinum prints can be something out of this world. actually, printing, I still preferred chemical prints over inkjet any time.

but technology is not all bad, and some of us long on tooth photographer should embrace those technology that can help rather than hinder.

For one thing, without autofocus, I probably would have to give up photography :)

Deadpoet said:
For one thing, without autofocus, I probably would have to give up photography :)

Hey!

I think I am older than you. And I had a cataract removed last year!

And I use manual focus most of the time! Even with my DSLR!

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

:cool: I just started 6 mths ago after buying oly e-300... nth much to share but will take critiques... please view my pics at member's galleries under "Moriahphotos"....thanks to many more captivating pictures ahead!!!!:thumbsup:

forward said:
If only the human race is greatly and constantly aware that
technology is created by no other species on earth, then man
should be constantly never think of ceasing to improve himself
even when he can live till 105 years old.

-----------------------
To think of it how many photographers can live past
100 years and till carrying his camera shooting? :think:

With enough demand, the marketing geniuses in Canon will have an anti-shake EOS-1Ds Mark II out in no time. :bsmilie:

forward said:
A dream will comes true when all those who had taken up this
fantastic idea of capturing images for more than 15 years to come
and sit by the wayside uptown to sip coffee watching the setting
sun recounting our experiences. Anyone?

-----------------------------
The happiness of your life sometimes depends upon
the quality of your output, actions and your thoughts.

Is film or CF card going to be one of the subjects of reminiscence? :bsmilie:

I'm into my third year of photography as on 8th March 2006! :D
Still a newbie...

why i'm not allowed to vote

My first camera to call my own, a Konica Centuria 20 film dummy point-n-shoot camera. No settings available. Just literally point and shoot. No zoom, unable to switch off flash....

Second camera, first digital. Konica Minolta Dimage Xg.

Current camera, Olympus SP500 UZ.

Konica Centuria 20 - March 2002
Konica Minolta Dimage Xg - November 2004
Olympus SP500 UZ - November 2005

:sweat:

Ummm what time is it now ? ... so if I started at around 9:30AM that would be ???

student said:
Hey!

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
but my eyesight is worse than yours :)

about 1 year...

Deadpoet said:
very true, b&W platinum prints can be something out of this world. actually, printing, I still preferred chemical prints over inkjet any time.

but technology is not all bad, and some of us long on tooth photographer should embrace those technology that can help rather than hinder.

actually hor... i use auto focus also =p

hmmm:think: 4-5yrs maybe.. didnt actually count..:bsmilie: started off wif fully manual which i borrow fm my uncle..waste alot of money while learning.., save abit n got myself a SLR.. then,,, now im using digital.. now mostly do ROM,Weddings n events.. :)

student said:
Hey!

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
My dad now has a better vision after he had a cataract removed too. But he still rely a lot on AF nowadays. Probably because the default focusing screen is just a plain matte screen without any split-image with a microprism collar. Even I find it hard to focus with a screen like that. :(

since 2002...if counting from when i get a cam of my own...is a olympus mju film cam though^^|

ya true...long != good, 4yrs and i still think i am newbie...lol... maybe due to the recent 2yrs i didn't shoot frequently?

Status
Not open for further replies.