How long does your Eneloop Batteries last Before Dying out on ur flash?

hotchoco1ate

Jan 27, 2010
Personally im using a 430EXII and the battery reaches a stage where the recycle time of the flash takes a 2 sec per shot after the first 5 shots.

This takes place roughly only after 100 shots with flash.
\

i wanna know if its my flash problem or is it just that the battery is low.

thanks in adv guys =D

Mine lasts 400 shots or more, bounced.

Personally im using a 430EXII and the battery reaches a stage where the recycle time of the flash takes a 2 sec per shot after the first 5 shots.

This takes place roughly only after 100 shots with flash.

Are those 5 shots at full power?

A quick Google suggests the 430 EX recycle time is 3.7s, and the 430 EX II is "20% faster" than the 430 EX, so in theory if your flash is recycling in 2s, it's really not bad at all!

Think of your capacity like a battery; it holds a charge enough to say power your flash at full blast. As a very basic comparison, you would also be able to fire two half power pops without needing to recharge, or four quarter power, or... that simplifies it, but you get the general idea.

okay thanks guys.

problem was solved with a new battery. The reason why i was so skeptical is because the battery "slowed down", in other words, gave me the impression that my flash was faulty because it started to take long recycle times after only about 100 shots.

But all was fine after i recharged the battery. I apologise for any confusion and thanks for your help once more ;)

okay thanks guys.

problem was solved with a new battery. The reason why i was so skeptical is because the battery "slowed down", in other words, gave me the impression that my flash was faulty because it started to take long recycle times after only about 100 shots.

But all was fine after i recharged the battery. I apologise for any confusion and thanks for your help once more ;)

Maybe you can also try re-conditioning your old batteries again with the powerex chargers. It did help with my older batteries

My battery easily last 300 -400 shots.
My guess is you might need to refresh your battery.

500 shots easy and bounce off ceiling.

So Every new rechargeable will last only for awhile but after recharging it will be as normal??

I use my new rechargeable batt today. dnknw whether is it spoilt. =/

it is possible you didn't charge properly. make sure the light is on on the charger.

it is possible you didn't charge properly. make sure the light is on on the charger.

I didnt charge before. Buy le straight use. so it is suppose to charge first then use?? i am using the POWER EX IMEDION battery.