How long does it take to transfer money from Paypal?

immediately, but they can only move it to their bank account (if linked) within 2-3 days unless they pay a "fast" fee.

also, if you used a linked bank account the same should apply.

it is reflected faster if you use a debit/credit card, i think.

Thanks for the reply.

I just registered for a paypal account and transferred money over from my bank acc to paypal's bank acc.

But after that I realised that not only had I forgotten my password, but I had also forgotten to confirm the bank account and do those administrative transferring of money... (look for paypal's deposit into my acc, etc).

So I registered for another account with another email and promptly did all the things, now pending the transfer of money from paypal to my acc.

Question is, in this case, would the money I transferred to Paypal be still reflected in my Paypal acc when it gets activated?

I just registered for a paypal account and transferred money over from my bank acc to paypal's bank acc.

But after that I realised that not only had I forgotten my password, but I had also forgotten to confirm the bank account and do those administrative transferring of money... (look for paypal's deposit into my acc, etc).

So I registered for another account with another email and promptly did all the things, now pending the transfer of money from paypal to my acc.

Question is, in this case, would the money I transferred to Paypal be still reflected in my Paypal acc when it gets activated?

i'm not sure, whatever experience i have with paypal is limited to ebay.

in any case, you can always email them, though i've heard their customer service can be horrible.

A few days if I rem correctly. Take note, some banks don't like to deal with Paypal... so if nothing gets into your account, check with the bank.

Last edited:
I think the 3 business days still applies for transfer between financial institutions. I have done some transfers but have not really look at how many days it has been debited from or credited into my bank account. But I must say it is within a week, more likely less than 3 days.

Why do you want to keep a balance in Paypal? There is a withdrawal fee and the exchange rate is terrible. I would just use my credit card and make sure that I am using my credit card's exchange rate and not Paypal's.

Last edited:
Why do you want to keep a balance in Paypal? There is a withdrawal fee and the exchange rate is terrible. I would just use my credit card and make sure that I am using my credit card's exchange rate and not Paypal's.

got meh?

no withdrawal fee here in uk.