How long do you keep your emails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whizzard

Mar 7, 2009
Bkt Timah
Emails are probably the most prevalent form of communication today and you'd probably get loads of them from work, your friends or others.

Do you delete them straight away after reading or replying, keep them filed up in folders, archive them in the hard-drive or just leave them in your mailbox only to delete them when you start running out of space? :dunno:

Emails are probably the most prevalent form of communication today and you'd probably get loads of them from work, your friends or others.

Do you delete them straight away after reading or replying, keep them filed up in folders, archive them in the hard-drive or just leave them in your mailbox only to delete them when you start running out of space? :dunno:

With gmail, there is no need to even delete emails at all. I have not been deleting emails for the past 4 yrs...

I don't even read most of my mail :bsmilie:

Work related e-mail, keep every single mail since I 1st joint 13 years ago, for covering backside purposes....
Friend's email, just read and delete.....

Got my emails from way back in 1996. Lost 1998's mails cos harddisk crashed. But still have got mails from way back then, for both work and personal use.

depends on the topic, doesn't it?

if i don't need it, i delete it straight away. the emptier my email is, the better. and the less worried i will be if my account got hacked.

I was a bit surprised to find my Hotmail account empty when I logged on :( had some sentimental emails from there back from the 90s. So sad.

For work related, 7 years after the completion of project.

My oldest emails from 1994, imported from various email clients over the years now all consolidated into Outlook PSTs. Some emails I delete, but most are kept.:)

Wow! So I am not the only one who tries to keep my emails and diligently archive them but never to retrieve them!

For work mails, I try to keep or archive them for as long as possible. But seriously, I have never had the need to dig up emails longer than a few months as evidence or somethingor another.

It's just hard to press the delete button sometimes isn't it ..... until we reach the storage limit of our email accounts.

Do you keep your social emails separate from your work emails? I used to have them as one but in today's volatile employment world, I have stopped doing that. Now, I have my work email for work purposes and direct all social traffic to my personal gmail account.

Status
Not open for further replies.