How Long Did Your Last Washing Machine Last?

KY1977

Jan 3, 2008
Mine is making lots of noises when it starts to spin. Wondering if its time to replace a new one.

Mine is 12 years old & still running like clockwork. But during spinning, it sometimes sounds like a B52 ;p :sweat:

ya while spinning it sometimes sound like a car on dyno test and my dryer pn top will viberate non-stop:bsmilie:
And sometimes it dance so wildly during final spin, you'll find it facing another position. But it still works. Might conk out anytime :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Last edited:
6 years still running good mainly due to the 'high ISO' and 'built in VR' :bsmilie::bsmilie:
The VR on mine is gone, that's why its dancing all over the place..............;p :bsmilie:

The VR on mine is gone, that's why its dancing all over the place..............;p :bsmilie:

then i'd suggest you get a new one with "SWM" and "OOF"...translate that to the household term, it's spelt as :

SWM - SENSOUS WITH MANICURED fingers
OOF - to be OPERATED ONLY by FEMALE

i always let my wife do the washing:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Dancing wildly, making loud noises, rotates violently, etc. mine does it and still going strong after 15 years and it's a Samsung. My wife wants to buy a new one with a higher load but we can't find a better reason to replace it.

then i'd suggest you get a new one with "SWM" and "OOF"...translate that to the household term, it's spelt as :

SWM - SENSOUS WITH MANICURED fingers
OOF - to be OPERATED ONLY by FEMALE

i always let my wife do the washing:bsmilie::bsmilie:
I'll send mine over then..............................................;p:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Wow, power washers! Guess I dun have reason to change.

Wow, power washers! Guess I dun have reason to change.

yes dun need lahh unless ur washing machine is leakingg than change ..
but i ever experience short circuit on my old washing machine whenever i want to open to take out my clothes , so i have to use tongs to do so..:bsmilie::bsmilie: its like in love with my clothes...:lovegrin: :sticktong

Either the internal tubing are loose or the suspensions are breaking. Change it if it is an old unit. The worst is having the drum water spilling the soapy water all over, which happened to me bec the tube to the drum burst.

I learned my lesson in my recent purchase of 8kg WM, don't buy the cheap model. They are noisy, fragile and breaks easily.

Here are the history of my washing machines:

- Sanyo Non fuzzy. Motor spoil. Lasted long enough.
- Sharp unit 1. The FuzzyLogic screwed up, that water will fill the tube till it overflow.
- Sharp number 2. Some sort of insulator worn off, so the insulator debris are into the drum.
- Recent LG diamond drum. Internal wire lock broke. Discharge valve tube cracked. Super noisy spin.

Dancing wildly, making loud noises, rotates violently, etc. mine does it and still going strong after 15 years and it's a Samsung. My wife wants to buy a new one with a higher load but we can't find a better reason to replace it.
Its possible that yours is not levelled? For front loaders, its important that the machine is levelled, else it will shake.......

For those with less well-built machines, try re-distributing the items in the drum (assume top or front-loaders) evenly after the first drain spin cycle. That will help reduce vibrations (unless the load bearings are already totally worn out or if something is broken) as well as prolong the life of the unit.

Its possible that yours is not levelled? For front loaders, its important that the machine is levelled, else it will shake.......

I don't think so, lah, but those kind of noises don't happen frequently. Maybe, sign of aging since my machine is at least 15 years old. Anyway, mine is a top loader.

that's what happen to mine... started moving by itself during the spin cycle.

probably due to some loose nuts. just make sure nightmare is not around.

Usually few years for each one.
Good impression of Italian front loaders.
Even Hoover which is not Italian.
Zanussi, Ariston.
Heard Bosch (German) is good.
Electrolux is good.

High quality (pricey) is Miele washing machine.

Thomson is famous for top loader washer. But don't buy Thomson TVs.

I brought a Samsung 7.5kg some two years ago from Audio Hse (front loading) and stack a dryer on top.
Two mths after purchased, spinning using 1000RPM, sudden loud thunder sound and stopped, called technical service and he came next day. Found that the belting drop out and the technician told me not to use 1000RPM. So what is 1000RPM for (for show)
Following just 2 years, last two weeks ago, when during spining dry, sound like GPMG machine gun and dancing too.
Again I call for service, he came and have a LOOK and told me that the bearing wear and tear. Belt drive for Samsung model is common and the cause is the drum need to be replace, and he told me not to repair as cost is high @ abt $400. Sucks ....

Ended up buying a new LG direct drive and motor warranty for 10 years, brought also ectended warranty from HN which after the first year by factory there after by HN and if machine beyond service, HN will replace a similiar or a higher verion. The extended warranty cost only 100+ which worth it. At least from now to 2016 are being corvered and this LG is 8kg front load with advance features and quiet.

Good buy LG now a day as ubderstood they are expanding their customer service too beyond normal office hrs.

Experience:
Fisher Payal - 2 years dead
Thomson Top load - 2.5 year dead
Samsung - 2 years dead
NATIONAL - Top load use 5 years (still good but capacity 5kg to low at that time, so changed)
Now of course LG 8kg