How long did you save before you bought your DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_fisto

May 25, 2005
At home
Wanna get a DSLR badly, but sadly i'm broke:( just a student with no money. Was wondering how long did u guys save before u bought ur very 1st DSLR. 1 week? 1 mth? 1 day?:cool:

When I was a student, I skip lunch, walked, worked part time, for about 1 year plus, just to get a film SLR and a standard 50mm lens, that was 1970s...

nearly 4 year until i started working to have the spare cash to buy a minolta x-700....:what:

my mum saved for me !

a DSLR kit is just the beginning of your purchase..after that usually will follow up with a flash,faster card,battery grip,fast lenses,camera bag,tripod,bounce card etc...

Never ending !

2 yrs of saving.... ;)

philliptan said:
HSBC paid for me. :D

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

kit_fisto : your time will come when you are able to afford it lar, don't worry. A lot of people here can well afford a D2X, it's no big deal, i am sure a large percentage has > 20K spare cash. But then is it cost effective and the sane thing to do? Nope.

wah..sian..wonder when can I get mine. was thinking of buying a D50/D70s or 350D. think the only short cut for me is to buy 4D. hehe

kit_fisto said:
wah..sian..wonder when can I get mine. was thinking of buying a D50/D70s or 350D. think the only short cut for me is to buy 4D. hehe
U would be better off if u save the 4D money for yr dream camera.

dun know ... still saving.. :sweat:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

The real pleasure comes when you saved the $ yourself and buy your own stuff, you'll treasure it more.

For me? I'm happy with a Coolpix 4600 :)

hehe ... poor student here too ... saved for 1 year + ... pocket $$ + ang bao $$ + birthday ang pao $$ ... den got a second hand d70, lens, cheap 2nd hand sb 24 (use on auto lah .. but still pretty accurate!)

Hw much did u pay for ur D70? Was thinking of getting 2nd hand too, but dunno can trust the owner or not.

I work during 3 school holidays, sec 2 to sec 4, to buy my first SLR, a yashica FX-3 with 50mm lens. I'm still using the camera occasionally.

silver.wolf said:
Hmmmm ... Wanna give me to your D2X then? ;p
Give you to my D2X? Burn you as incense ah? :bsmilie:

espn said:
The real pleasure comes when you saved the $ yourself and buy your own stuff, you'll treasure it more.
Yah man....thats the way to go....and it makes you appreciate and look after your gear even more, and the sense of satisfaction is :thumbsup:

For me? I'm happy with a Coolpix 4600 :)
Oh yeah, den I'm real happy with my Powershot A40. :rolleyes: Only thing is its not bazhang like yours. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.