How long can we leave film in camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.A.

Oct 30, 2004
Is one to two months for those non-pro films ok to be kept in camera? Any specifics on storage?

Should be alright. i've left kodak max in my fm2n for months a couple yrs back, dun think there was much change in quality. Was dumped in a bag somewhere. heh.

U should at least keep it in a drybox, just to keep the equipment safe.

Thanks. ": )

Keeping in a fridge is better?

T.A. said:
Thanks. ": )

Keeping in a fridge is better?

keeping your camera in a fridge??? I seriously don't think so! :nono: film by itself yes, but not when the film is still in the camera. :rolleyes: :blah:

I Wonder if the glasss would fall off the lens like what happened to the glass on my watch long time ago.

Hehehehehehe! ":}

I had a roll of Superia 200 in my Nikon PnS for more than a year :embrass: ... still ok. :D

The last time I had film in my camera for months, and eventually developed and printed it, the first half and 2nd half have drastically different colours...

Regards
CK

if films can be left in the camera for months, i wonder about the batteries in the camera body, which can potentially cause more damage to your body.

My friend had a roll of C41 B&W film in her camera for more than a year, just developed last week. No problems. Longest I ever had slide film in cam was about 1.5 months, no problems either (Sensia II 400).

Alvin

i leave everything in the drybox...nuttin's happened even after months on hp5...

Status
Not open for further replies.