How long can i use my camera without putting in dry box/cabi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
Assuming that I use it everyday to shoot. Will still have fungus?

if everyday, shud be ok... since its exposed to sunlight and all...

Hard to say... depending on the environment you're in. My lens got mouldy, changed it, in less than a month, again mouldy.
Nowadays I don't take the risk.

haha, this is interesting. If im going to use my camera often (say daily), I won't bother placing my equipment into the dry box. It makes no difference, if I take the camera in and out everyday. It's still exposed to the air! and the dry box gets damp faster!

Hard to say... depending on the environment you're in. My lens got mouldy, changed it, in less than a month, again mouldy.
Nowadays I don't take the risk.

Maybe because you're living near Mandai (alot of moisture)?? that's why your equipment gets mouldy so fast?? :dunno::dunno:

bingo bro! haha.. really damp! Can't take the risk, I've cried more than once jk
Anyone whose living in dam places, do not take the risk!!

Maybe because you're living near Mandai (alot of moisture)?? that's why your equipment gets mouldy so fast?? :dunno::dunno:

how come mandai more damp? water catchment area? so where is the least damp plc in sg?

my house = wet and damp due to the forest reserve and big drain nearby and perhaps the pool. I don't know.. just that it's fungus heaven.
Those haven't invested on a dry cab should do so, it's only 80-200bucks for a small-mid one, it's for the long term.
Least damp my guess maybe the city.

my house = wet and damp due to the forest reserve and big drain nearby and perhaps the pool. I don't know.. just that it's fungus heaven.
Those haven't invested on a dry cab should do so, it's only 80-200bucks for a small-mid one, it's for the long term.
Least damp my guess maybe the city.

Lol! i like the one on the fungus heaven! :bsmilie:

But anyway, no matter where we are in Singapore, it's still Singapore! We're in the tropics! So just get a dry box or dry cab for yourself if you're leaving you're camera alone for a long long time. Don't want a few thousand dollars worth of stuff to rot away just like that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.