How long can a dry cabinet last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canonikon

Jan 27, 2007
5 years? 10 years? If your cam got fungus even using the dry cabi (even the hygrometer insdie shows 40%) , will the dry cabinet maker compensate you?

Dry cabinets can last ages. My old one (changed it only 'cos it was too small) was more than 10 years old when I sold it off.

Many dry cabinets come with 5yr warranty.

well..my Toshiba lasted more than 10 yrs..but finally retired as a cabinet for keeping filters, batts, hoods etc...i guess it's luck, sometimes.

Good Question.

I have Digicabi which is about a year old. Interestingly it makes cracking noise once in a while but still surviving. I am not sure how long it last though it has 5 yrs of warranty !

My current one was bought in 1991. Still using it.

depends on how well you keep it.

dang my just died 2 days ago, the led simply went off, think its the ac adapter, oh ya used for like 6yrs

I'm willing to bet the cabinet will outlast most DSLR's.

how u all maintained it>>?

5 years? 10 years? If your cam got fungus even using the dry cabi (even the hygrometer insdie shows 40%) , will the dry cabinet maker compensate you?

mine didnt wana work at all! got a lemon waiting for replacement!

only bought my dry cabi for 2 year plus, so far so good.

My dry cabinet has so far been working since 1996. 11 years and still running. Dry boxes almost never fail but their efficiency, i.e. drying down speed, reduces over time. One way to compensate if you do not wish to change is to put in those reuseable dry packs that you can plug in to dry off then put them into the dry box for use.

well, dry cabinet dun works wonder at times. warranty only covers for defective parts., eg hygrometer, humidity controller la..

heard stories of lenses and cameras that are kept in dry cabinet didnt turn out well...

Using my dry cabinet since 1989.

Dun think there's anything to maintain.
Mine has a analog hygrometer. Zero battery change required. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.