How Long After Job Interview . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Jun 25, 2004
. . . . . will the organisation get back to you regarding your application?

Just curious cos I know someone who's been waiting for 3 weeks plus already.

i think 3 weeks plus = can go find another job already...

Majority of companies dun hav the courtesy to call u back

The company call him on 14 May 08, to come for interview on the same day, cos he was leaving Singapore for holiday with his family. They said better do it now cos it will take a while for the processing.

He told them he will return on 1 Jun 08.

Until now no sound. Maybe the company people also on June holidays leave.

If they are interested, they would have gotten back within a week

This company very stylo - call him in April to say will contact him for interview.

Then no sound and in May call him quickly becos they found out he going away.

At the interview, the Div Manager told HR to work out his benefits etc and inform him quickly. HR said will get back to him after he return.

No hope already you better go find another job.

Make a courtesy call to the interviewer lah, this kind of simple thing also need to teach? :p

I went for an interview in early May. Didn't hear from them for until this week to go for a 2nd interview.. :think:

Make a courtesy call to the interviewer lah, this kind of simple thing also need to teach? :p
exactly.. what's up these days, a phone call isn't that expensive right? :dunno:

Does anyone also know that you can also call them up to ask why you were not chosen?

I went for an interview in early May. Didn't hear from them for until this week to go for a 2nd interview.. :think:

I sent in my resume in Dec, only got my 1st interview in early may, within a few days 2nd interview, and by 3rd week I reported for first day of work. :D:D:D

This company very stylo - call him in April to say will contact him for interview.

Then no sound and in May call him quickly becos they found out he going away.

At the interview, the Div Manager told HR to work out his benefits etc and inform him quickly. HR said will get back to him after he return.

Sounds like that company is not really very decided to hire him...:think: Well, Bro Parchiao is right - call the company.

Or drop them an email. Telling them that you got another offer,but you are keen to work with them...

exactly.. what's up these days, a phone call isn't that expensive right? :dunno:

Does anyone also know that you can also call them up to ask why you were not chosen?

Didn't know that u can call them up and ask why u were not chosen. Do they entertain such calls?

There was this instance when I got accepted a job in the morning and told the HR that I would start work in 2 weeks time. The HR told me she would check with mgt. In the afternoon, she called to say that mgt has withdrawn the offer. Shocking isn't it!:angry:

In another instance: the job advertisement for the same post came out again. I wrote an e-mail to the HR to say that I am still interested but there was no reply.

i believe the basic courtesy is to get back to you on the results of the interview (whether good or bad). if they don't you can always call them up and check the status.

3weeks? Geez, he should have used that period for other interviews. I've been lucky, got my past few jobs on the spot on my first interview. Top MNC's at that. Not that I'm good @ interviews, perhaps only good at bullshitting :bsmilie:
But what's he waiting for? Time to bombard his resumes out for more interviews, whoever gets him first gets the cake rite?

Most big companies have procedures to follow when hiring new staffs, unless u are on their "most wanted" "must hire" list. In most cases, they would interview dozens of candidates, then shortlist a few suitable ones and ask for the next higher level management to review, in many cases the next higher level management will want a second interview, then followed by HR to conduct background reference check, etc. Depends on the urgency the whole procedure can take 1-2 months. U can always call back the HR department and ask politely for the interview outcome.

3weeks? Geez, he should have used that period for other interviews. I've been lucky, got my past few jobs on the spot on my first interview. Top MNC's at that. Not that I'm good @ interviews, perhaps only good at bullshitting :bsmilie:
But what's he waiting for? Time to bombard his resumes out for more interviews, whoever gets him first gets the cake rite?

Boy are u lucky! It's been a nightmare for me.:( Am trying the e-mail style but no response.

. . . . . will the organisation get back to you regarding your application?

Just curious cos I know someone who's been waiting for 3 weeks plus already.

1 week is the norm. Beyond that, chance is slim to none.

1 week is the norm. Beyond that, chance is slim to none.

It may take several days just to gather and collate the feedback from the various people of the interview panel. Then HR has to work out a pay & benefits package. Which in turn may need budgetary approval from finance... and so on.

1 week is quite fast, unless you're talking about take-it-or-leave-it packages for lower end jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.