How iz the performance of Sigma 15-30mm f3.5-4.5 ..... ?? .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone ..... ?? ..... :bsmilie:

:D

ex-owner of one

I like the fact that using on the Canon D30/10D, it still give you a wide enough view of 24mm. Which in many cases has prove to be very good. The distortion control is oso very good even shooting with a film based body.

Well.. not all things are perfect. I dun like the sheer size of it. It big .. almost if not bigger then teh 28-70 class of len(exclude the Canon L in this case). And the fact that a filter can't be fitted on the front really give a scary feeling if you are not careful.

Ok.. Ah-Foox.. it time to.. you know right!?
:devil:

Bluestrike said:
ex-owner of one

I like the fact that using on the Canon D30/10D, it still give you a wide enough view of 24mm. Which in many cases has prove to be very good. The distortion control is oso very good even shooting with a film based body.

Well.. not all things are perfect. I dun like the sheer size of it. It big .. almost if not bigger then teh 28-70 class of len(exclude the Canon L in this case). And the fact that a filter can't be fitted on the front really give a scary feeling if you are not careful.

Ok.. Ah-Foox.. it time to.. you know right!?
:devil:

hehehe ..... me dont like the :devil: face u gave me .....

FOOXX said:
hehehe ..... me dont like the :devil: face u gave me .....

oh. if that the case.. what abt this
:blah:

hehehhahaa

Anyway, you can try asking, Hackie abt it. He using it on his S2. that as far as I know who got it on the nikon.

Been using this lens for about a year. Personally finds the pictures to be sharp and the contrasty. The 15-30mm when translated to 24-45mm on a DSLR, fits my shooting pattern well (mainly travel and landscape).

The drawbacks here are:
(a) its 82mm thread. Any decent filter will set you back by ~ SGD 100. Mounting the filter is also a challenge as it vignetts easily.

(b) susceptible to lens flare, especially on a sunny day or when you are facing the light source.

All in all, a good buy considering that its now priced less than SGD 1000. Heard some blokes can get this ~SGD 600 in HK.

Acquired it for a couple of months and enjoying it too with the S2.
The angle is wide enough that you dont have to wade into the water to get a shot but has to learn to shield from pointing towards strong light due to flare control. Others may find the physical size is too big but its just nice for me .. it depends on the size of your hand.

Front filter is a problem but understand could be solved with a slim filter rather than the normal type.

Other than this, its a good lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.