How is your MCE experience?

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Many cry mother, cry father. I haven't dare to venture there yet.

So how was your experience? Share leh.

Many cry mother, cry father. I haven't dare to venture there yet.

So how was your experience? Share leh.

Go there when Stage 2 has completed.

"The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said traffic was smooth-flowing within the MCE tunnel."

"The Marina Coastal Expressway is the widest highway in Singapore with five lanes in each direction.
It also has the smoothest road surface, the only public road which surpasses this standard is the Marina Bay Formula One Circuit."

- http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/smooth-flowing-traffic-as/936926.html

This has to be the most perfect piece of engineering in sg. Nothing can go wrong.

Seem like MCE stand for Miss Critical Exit :bsmilie:

Many people found the exit after they miss the opportunity to use it :bsmilie:

No choice... Have to up ERP...

"The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said traffic was smooth-flowing within the MCE tunnel."

"The Marina Coastal Expressway is the widest highway in Singapore with five lanes in each direction.
It also has the smoothest road surface, the only public road which surpasses this standard is the Marina Bay Formula One Circuit."

- http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/smooth-flowing-traffic-as/936926.html

This has to be the most perfect piece of engineering in sg. Nothing can go wrong.

DON'T be a Guinea pig. LOL

Mati Cepat Expressway. LOL.

Just one day old and it is dead. LOL.
One man gave up and rather walk out. People are staying away.
Really BAD planning!!

Why spend so much to build an expressway if they are just going to cause more traffic congestion and delays in the first place ?

So they can increase ERP pricing as a national income source later on.

蒙查 Expressway

There is a simple solution to this matter.

Singapore has always applied the same solution successfully in the past. e.g. to solve the car population problem, just impose COE.

Use money to solve the problem.

Charge high ERP rates for using this MCE, say for example $30 deducted from your card.

If this does not work, just increase the ERP rate to $50.

There will be less congestion.

Problem is solved.

Last edited:
I find it rather surprising. Before forking out 4.3B$.. can't they run a computer simulation first?
Wasting taxpayer $$ :angry:

Just one day old and it is dead. LOL.
One man gave up and rather walk out. People are staying away.
Really BAD planning!!

I think he should be a taxi passenger, and decided to cut his loss and walking will be cheaper?

CNA report a passenger with a $74 taxi fare.... :bigeyes:

I think he should be a taxi passenger, and decided to cut his loss and walking will be cheaper?

CNA report a passenger with a $74 taxi fare.... :bigeyes:

Some conspiracy theorist will allege that Comfort is behind this expressway construction :bsmilie:

蒙查 Expressway

There is a simple solution to this matter.

Singapore has always applied the same solution successfully in the past. e.g. to solve the car population problem, just impose COE.

Use money to solve the problem.

Charge high ERP rates for using this MCE, say for example $30 deducted from your card.

If this does not work, just increase the ERP rate to $50.

There will be less congestion.

Problem is solved.

If this is their solution.... then, I think anyone of us can be a Minister.... just Pay.....

I find it rather surprising. Before forking out 4.3B$.. can't they run a computer simulation first?
Wasting taxpayer $$ :angry:

Recent projects always seems to be more on profit and loss for them...

By freeing up the land at the ECP, they can sell to the MBS.... or anyone and make more money... So they think they can recover the money...

My concern is part of the MCE is under water..... will it leak???