How is the Vivitar 285HV on the S602Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Verre Vrai

Anyone using S602Z with Vivitar 285? Thought the Vivtar 285 is a damn difficult flash to get now, went to CP, AP, TkP and John all no stock liao and no new stock replenishment too.

Besides the Vivitar, what other flash is recommended for S602z?:dunno:

Originally posted by Verre Vrai
Anyone using S602Z with Vivitar 285? Thought the Vivtar 285 is a damn difficult flash to get now, went to CP, AP, TkP and John all no stock liao and no new stock replenishment too.

Besides the Vivitar, what other flash is recommended for S602z?:dunno:
So far so good. The only thing you have to bear with is the weight.

AP also no stock?? A month back there were loads of them stacking up behind!

Try mustafa? Heard some time back that they have stock.. but don't quote me... that's what i heard..

Worse comes to worse don't have then don't waste the trip.. buy 4 AA Sanyo Ni-MH 1850mAH batteries for an amazing $11.50

Vivitar 285HV is a good flash if you can withstand the weight. ;) The flash *without* batteries is heavier than my Metz 32Z-1 *with* batteries!!

The main advantage of the Vivitar is that you have a ton of flash power to choose from (due to its varipower technology). Drawbacks are weight and no swivel.

I have a 285HV and as all the rest have said, it is a good flash for use with S602. The last time I saw it is available at Mustafa. To me, the main drawback of 285HV is the lack of a swivel head. That is the reason why I am using more of this cheapo Unitax flash nowadays.

Originally posted by HOCL
I have a 285HV and as all the rest have said, it is a good flash for use with S602. The last time I saw it is available at Mustafa. To me, the main drawback of 285HV is the lack of a swivel head. That is the reason why I am using more of this cheapo Unitax flash nowadays.

I thought it's sold out? The Unitax flash??

Sigh, I still using my Achiever 260T, sad....

Oh by the way, (sorry to borrow your thread) how does one judge if the flash is having the correct exposure? Meaning the amount of light by the flash isn't decreasing coz my flash is like 4+ years old already...

Thanks..

Originally posted by enivre

I thought it's sold out? The Unitax flash??

errmm ... I started this thread after I bought the flash ...

By the way, Verre Vrai, to me the ability to swivel is VERY impt ... that's why u may want to look at the Metz flash if the vivitar is not available ... almost wanted to get a Metz before I stumble upon the cheapo Unitax ...

Originally posted by enivre
Why is the swivel very important?
When taking indoor pictures, and you want to take in portrait mode, the flash must be able to swivel so that flash can bounce from ceiling.

Huh that's swivel? I tot swivel meant to move the flash from side to side not up and down?

Originally posted by HOCL

errmm ... I started this thread after I bought the flash ...

By the way, Verre Vrai, to me the ability to swivel is VERY impt ... that's why u may want to look at the Metz flash if the vivitar is not available ... almost wanted to get a Metz before I stumble upon the cheapo Unitax ...

thks HOCL, there are so many flash to choose from, confused :confused:

From my own reading, I thought the term "bounce" means the up and down movement and the swivel is the left and right movement...no? :confused: :confused:

Hehe, I see the confusion. Swivel IS side to side, and tilt is up down.

If you hold the camera normally, you need tilt to bounce from the ceiling. But if you hold the camera vertically aka portrait mode, you need swivel so that the flash head can point to the ceiling.

Ahhh.. vertical!!... no wonder..

That's quite true, coz my vertical portraits with my non-swivelling flash cause light to come in from the sides instead...

Very unnatural...

Originally posted by reflecx
Hehe, I see the confusion. Swivel IS side to side, and tilt is up down.

If you hold the camera normally, you need tilt to bounce from the ceiling. But if you hold the camera vertically aka portrait mode, you need swivel so that the flash head can point to the ceiling.

Ahhh! icic, new to flashes, thks for the pointer :rbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.