how is the DSC P71

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

socrates

Anybody with an opinion on the Sony DSC P71. IS it worth the value. I think the advertised price is $799 in the papers today. Any comments about it or other similar 3 megapixel cameras?

Originally posted by socrates
Anybody with an opinion on the Sony DSC P71. IS it worth the value. I think the advertised price is $799 in the papers today. Any comments about it or other similar 3 megapixel cameras?

CP quoted $670 for moi.......I'll tell u when I get it tml.....quite fed up that no one give any answers to my qns abt this....

Originally posted by gan55

CP quoted $670 for moi.......I'll tell u when I get it tml.....quite fed up that no one give any answers to my qns abt this....

maybe no one knows mah...have you guys check dpreview...?

Originally posted by siron

maybe no one knows mah...have you guys check dpreview...?

I checked liaoZ. They only have a preview /review of a pre-production model and they don't wan to give a conclusion yet.

fed up with who? everyone?

I checked liaoZ. They only have a preview /review of a pre-production model and they don't wan to give a conclusion yet.

Wait awhile ? I am sure soon dpreview will have it up with full specifications

Went Alan foto......wanted to get DSC-P71....got tokked into getting a Fuji FinePix 6800Z instead....... :D

Originally posted by siron

So you bought it liao? how much?>

Bought the Fuji FinePix 6800Z with another 64MB Smartmedia card total is $830.

so how is the sony dsc 71? What's no good about the finepix 6800?

FP6800 is a PnS camera with a smooth design...

but a PnS camera at $800+ is an overkill....esp when it is an old model, though not discontinued yet.

sometime ago someone got sweettalked by AP in getting the FP40i, the one with mp3 capability. Regretted the mistake and managed to exchange to FP2800z.

hehe yah lar few AP guys really smooth talker.. no chance with me! I rely on the internet for resources.. (incl u guys hehe)

anyway back to the topic.. DSC71, it's pretty good with 3.3 mp, I think its the only camera in that price that offers 3.3mp.. seen the sample pic in dpreview.. quite ok, shape and good color (for the price)

but for me, 2.1 and 3.3 no different lar.. i resize it to 800x600 most the time anyway, I am more concern with
-MS price
-No sound in movie mode

sony's LCD is great though.. i still find it hard using other LCD now

Originally posted by Tweek

but a PnS camera at $800+ is an overkill....esp when it is an old model, though not discontinued yet.

sometime ago someone got sweettalked by AP in getting the FP40i, the one with mp3 capability. Regretted the mistake and managed to exchange to FP2800z.

If he's getting the sony, by the time u add a memory stick, its about even :D

Sorry, can tell me where is CP?

Originally posted by Tweek

sigh....

Originally posted by Kevin
Here you go --> Peninsula Plaza
Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 7 pm
Closed on Sunday & Public Holidays. Wegsite -->http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/

Thanks for the reply, I never expect them to have a website of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.