How is LOCAL Pentax support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called shriro and they say they will honour the international warranty.

Anybody got price list of pentax lens in Singapore? Nobody started a price list yet?

I am kind of curious of the prices of the

1) FA 77mm f1.8 USD589
2) FA43mm f1.9 USD370
3) K100D US474

super tempting....

Hm. You have to take a standard (definitely non-rebate) us price, multiply by 1.6, and (possibly) add 5% for the GST.

Anybody got price list of pentax lens in Singapore? Nobody started a price list yet?

1) FA 77mm f1.8 USD589
2) FA43mm f1.9 USD370
3) K100D US474

super tempting....

But does the USA cam packages include Intl wartranty?
K100D kit shld be ard SGD$1120.

Dunno if they honor usa ones.

Hm. You have to take a standard (definitely non-rebate) us price, multiply by 1.6, and (possibly) add 5% for the GST.

So tempting now that K10D is in stock at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...09557?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

But does the USA cam packages include Intl wartranty?

Any one knows?

you have to request a specific international warranty card from pentax. It is quite troublesome.

http://www.pentaximaging.com/customer_care/pentax_service/warranty_information/

but with that card, shriro will confirm service your camera.

Anyway Amazon does not ship camera overseas right?

cool, tks for the link.
The website seems to indicate that its quite easy to obtain international warranty i.e. as long as u buy a product in usa and then go to another country for extended time.

Amazon does ship overseas but for quite a large sum.
I would use Vpostusa if i am buying.
its a fixed $12.99 + $8.99 for every kg.
However GST is chargable for orders above sgd400.

International Customers
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...&A=getpage&Q=HelpCenter/InternationalCust.jsp

Ordering Rules:
If you are a first time mail order or online customer, or if you are using a new or different credit card for the first time at B&H, upon completing your on-line order, you must upload or fax a copy of both sides of your credit card to 877-667-7950 or 212-239-7753. (Does NOT apply to customers from Canada ).

Please include the invoice number (that you will get when completing your order) along with the copy of your card. Your card will be charged & the merchandise committed upon submission of your order.

If you have previously ordered online or by phone/fax with this credit card and it is already on file, no fax is required. (Note: If you have ordered before, the only way the web site system can recognize you as a repeat customer is if you use exactly the same name, address and phone number information. Any variation will cause the web site to conclude that you're a first time customer and hold the order pending receipt of the fax.)

We don't accept PayPal payments for international customers, please select another payment method.

You pay sales tax only if bought at our NY store or shipped to a NY address. This tax is not a VAT, and cannot be recovered by non-USA visitors when returning home.

Shipping Rules:
We can ship via US Postal Service, or International UPS, depending on the weight, value, and destination of your merchandise. Please note that we will ship only to your home address, or to a USA residential address.

B&H is not responsible for and can offer no specific advice on import fees, duty, Customs or taxes that you may be charged when your merchandise reaches you and urges you to consult your local government import office with any questions.

I wonder after adding all the freight + tax, bla bla.. will the camera/lens be very expensive when it reach Singapore? Does Sigma lens comes with International Warranty too? :sweat:

1) FA 77mm f1.8 USD589
2) FA43mm f1.9 USD370
3) K100D US474

super tempting....

These are after rebate prices, not their asking prices. You can't get the rebate if you buy them from here, unless you have a friend in the States to help you out ;)

Amazon is better than B & H ? :dunno:

Hmmm..... Why not..... was seriously considering Ordering K10D there.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000IHN8AO/ref=pd_luc_mri/104-4148076-7909557?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Product Details

* Product Dimensions: 5.6 x 4 x 2.7 inches ; 1.7 pounds
* Shipping Weight: 3.00 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
* Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
* ASIN: B000IHN8AO
* Item model number: 19091
* Amazon.com Sales Rank: #101 in Camera & Photo (See Top Sellers in Camera & Photo)
* Date first available at Amazon.com: September 13, 2006

Called Shriro a couple of days ago about the K10d, was told it'd be available by the end of this month or early next month. Most likely would be kit (K10d+DA18-55) only. Pricing isn't available yet, but heard the body cost would be around US$850 equivelent. But we all know local stores charge alot more for the kit lens even buy together (and have to buy together) w/ the body :(

The camera kit would be available for purchase in both Alan Photo and Cathay Photo.

Now let's see who'd get the K10d kit first ;p

Yeah, but I'd rather get it locally when it's available than paying double shipping cost plus import tax :)

well....... there isn't double shipping cost thou as Amazon delivers for free....... a plus compared to B&H etc who charges the same.

Getting it locally would be definitely a plus ^^
esp if the body here is @ 850us cost hehe.
and i will be using the kit lens anyway until the 16-50 or 17-70 comes out.
The 16-50 might be not costly for me thou......

That's right, Amazon does not charge for shipping within US when items are above a certain price. And a camera definitely qualifies for free shipping within US...

So, back in Singapore, one needs to pay for: VPost service of S$10 (I always prefer to get them to order... things NEVER go missing) + shipping + 5% GST. Quite worth it.

What's the drawback? Cameras usually do not carry international warranty. Not sure about Pentax though...

BIG QUESTION: Has anyone ever engaged the services of Shriro for lens calibration, Pentax camera malfunction....?

The Pentax 16-50 f/2.8 USM + 50-135 f/2.8 USM + K10D IS is an AWESOME package.

The Pentax 16-50 f/2.8 USM + 50-135 f/2.8 USM + K10D IS is an AWESOME package.

Huh, Pentax got such lens ar? :eek: USM sounds like for Canon lei... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.