how is FX01?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite happy with it after 1000+ shots in 9 months. 28mm is good, battery life very good, colour at default clean and saturated, flash sucks.

Noise and picture quality as expected for such a small camera - decent shots. I am trying to print a 20 x 16" from a shot I took in Feb. Have not got the time yet. At 100%, looks "grainy" or noisy as it is now known.

Not bad for a $500+ camera. If you can get it cheaper, even better.

I am quite happy with it after 1000+ shots in 9 months. 28mm is good, battery life very good, colour at default clean and saturated, flash sucks.

Noise and picture quality as expected for such a small camera - decent shots. I am trying to print a 20 x 16" from a shot I took in Feb. Have not got the time yet. At 100%, looks "grainy" or noisy as it is now known.

Not bad for a $500+ camera. If you can get it cheaper, even better.

hi ziggy,

previously i was also a Lumix user.... however, i am quite un-satisfy with Panasonic flash performance leh.... everything i tried to take a photo with flash "on" within a low lighted surrounding, the pic quality usually turns out to be lousy, dark background etc..... i guess Panasonic flash is rather "weak", is it?

I intend to get a handy camera like FX 01, however still hesitating.... Do you face this problem with FX 01?

presently, ms color is selling FX 01 at S$399 only....

i am actually quite impressed with FX 01 being such a small camera and yet carries so much functions (28mm wide len, Mega O.I.S., I.ISO, etc etc).

Panasonic cameras are known for their high noise level at iso of 200 and above.
Excellent camera taking outdoor day shots though. Nice and sharp.
If you take more indoor shots, better to get a fuji.

I think that would depends alot on what subject you are talking, for static, they are almost the same as the lumix compensate the ISO with OIS. For moving subject, no doubt fuji is stronger in this aspect.

hi,

My fren has this & I've tried using it. I was really stunned by the clarity of the video (at least when indoors). It's almost the clearest video among the 8 compacts/prosumers I've ever tried using before! I have a question tho, izzit due to the 30fps @ 640x480pixels or what caused it to be so clear? Why aren't other cams as clear as this? Do u all agree it's the best in video? I may buy it for it's video quality.

As for it's I.ISO, I'm quite disappointed with its blur-stopping feature. It was unable to give a clear picture after 3 tries with my arms rested on the table at 0x zoom, in a normally fluorescent-lit HDB flat.

manage

My 3rd try ...

manage

Gave up hope ... How it's like with flash ...

this is a great camera for the outdoors..

i give it a thumbs up because i'm using it!:thumbsup:

the battery life is great..
and i paid $599 just a year ago (in june)
so it's a good buy..

genegoh was right about the high noise level.. but it's only for indoors shots...
out door shots are great..

I think that would depends alot on what subject you are talking, for static, they are almost the same as the lumix compensate the ISO with OIS. For moving subject, no doubt fuji is stronger in this aspect.

Well, if you wish to take candid shots and shots of kids indoors, the OIS doesn't help very much. I had a FZ30 then a LX1... so I know... :)

Agree with ExplorerZ that it depends on the subject.

hi,

My fren has this & I've tried using it. I was really stunned by the clarity of the video (at least when indoors). It's almost the clearest video among the 8 compacts/prosumers I've ever tried using before! I have a question tho, izzit due to the 30fps @ 640x480pixels or what caused it to be so clear? Why aren't other cams as clear as this? Do u all agree it's the best in video? I may buy it for it's video quality.

As for it's I.ISO, I'm quite disappointed with its blur-stopping feature. It was unable to give a clear picture after 3 tries with my arms rested on the table at 0x zoom, in a normally fluorescent-lit HDB flat.

manage

My 3rd try ...

manage

Gave up hope ... How it's like with flash ...
what setting did you use? :dunno:

Some pics taken at taman negara 2 weeks ago.
Robust camera with good wide angle lens.
Now i want to get the 12mp FX-100...:)

http://www.pbase.com/jerrylim/taman_negara

wow, nice shots man.... :thumbsup:

i like the nite or low lighting shots (tn000 and tn032)... i never expect fx01 can give this kind of nice shots under low light condition.... :embrass:

if you can include the setting too, then it will be great... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.