How insensitive can pp be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreaXion

Jun 15, 2006
Planet Earth
On Tuesday, I went to shoot Singapore Team's Fireworks. Cannot believe what happened and how thick skin pp can be. This is what happened.

I went to the bridge and since I went late, it took me some time to look for a location. Finally, I found one which has quite a gd angle. As I was setting up, this stupid photographer woman put her stuff right in front of me and setup her stuff. Irritating sia. She said that she can't be bothered anymore as she is too tired looking for a place.

I was like aiya never mind, one more place few feet away, can also shoot. Give way to a lady although that lady was super inconsiderate.

As I was setting up a few feet away, this guy told me that he would be standing in front of me. I told him it is alright. I tested and shifted and I could avoid his head and at the most, I DI certain area. Guess what, when the fireworks started, he put his daughter on his shoulders. When i called him, he said that he had already told me. Yeah sure, he only told me he standing up. Did not tell me that he is putting his daughter there. How irritating and inconsiderate can this person be. He just have to lift his daughter and she can already see.

I was so upset and sad when that incident happened. Should have taken his photo and post it here so that his friends and colleagues can know what kind of person he is.

CreaXion said:
On Tuesday, I went to shoot Singapore Team's Fireworks. Cannot believe what happened and how thick skin pp can be. This is what happened.

I went to the bridge and since I went late, it took me some time to look for a location. Finally, I found one which has quite a gd angle. As I was setting up, this stupid photographer woman put her stuff right in front of me and setup her stuff. Irritating sia. She said that she can't be bothered anymore as she is too tired looking for a place.

I was like aiya never mind, one more place few feet away, can also shoot. Give way to a lady although that lady was super inconsiderate.

As I was setting up a few feet away, this guy told me that he would be standing in front of me. I told him it is alright. I tested and shifted and I could avoid his head and at the most, I DI certain area. Guess what, when the fireworks started, he put his daughter on his shoulders. When i called him, he said that he had already told me. Yeah sure, he only told me he standing up. Did not tell me that he is putting his daughter there. How irritating and inconsiderate can this person be. He just have to lift his daughter and she can already see.

I was so upset and sad when that incident happened. Should have taken his photo and post it here so that his friends and colleagues can know what kind of person he is.
common, I was at the merlion early. Got a spot on top of some flights of steps and setup properly. This guy came along with 2 of his friends. Man! he standing up is at tall as my cam on a tripod few flights above the first step! Thats okie anyway, imagine whole lots of photographers had came and were polite enough to form a "U" so each do not block each other's angle of coverage. This tall guy is standing right in the centre of the "U"!

Another incident at the same spot, this photographer came and grabbed a spot next to me. Around 7+ came along another tall fellow and setup infront of him. Again his ht not only block the angle but basically cannot even see the fireworks (yeah that bad!). The photographer next to me was polite enough to ask if he mind swapping place since he is taller, rejected straight in the face. Its alright, but he didnt even bother to stand lower so he dont blk the back guy. Felt like telling off that guy. No offence to tall guys though :bsmilie:

wat a bitch! I would have told her off!

Some ppl really no automatic .... somemore put daughter on shoulder and block everyone else. Damn, talk about "..one united ppl, nation or religion...."

CreaXion said:

ianpaice said:
wat a bitch! I would have told her off!

Yah... I will kick her down the bridge!

photobum said:
Yah... I will kick her down the bridge!

every year is the same sh*t... but the atmosphere it just gets better...

and i really hate it when there is alot of mumbling going behind my back, then some ppl pushing & shoving while you are shooting, and also suddenly ppl start to 'vibrate' on your tripod legs as u got that 1 leg left on the open...

so now... spare me the wait, the heat, the nuisance...

Will I was at the firing point and behind the safety line, 3 ah seng and 1 ah lian came and stay right in front of me and cross the safety line. The safety officer request the group to move to others side. The ah lian ask "what is safety line?" :eek:

longkangman said:
Will I was at the firing point and behind the safety line, 3 ah seng and 1 ah lian came and stay right in front of me and cross the safety line. The safety officer request the group to move to others side. The ah lian ask "what is safety line?" :eek:

woo... she is a dangerous girl... me like.... :bsmilie:

Haha, I went there a 4:30pm to setup, so no such issue. :) I think next time got to be there early! Setup so close to the edge of the water that no one can stand in front. Another way is to get a few people to shoot together. Then you can occupy a place together, no one will there to come in.

longkangman said:
one of them were shooting with video? :think:

Sion said:
Maybe it's time to restart the gracious society campaign again?

"Courtesy is for free. Courtesy is for u and me...." Remember the song and the logo looks something like this:D .

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u mean need a campaign to get it into their head? spare us... and so? it only works once a year?

Actually the campaign works. If u have seen the development of the society thru the years, it works

CreaXion said:
Actually the campaign works. If u have seen the development of the society thru the years, it works

hmm.. if it takes these campaign to get it to work, and yet u guys are complaining, then i think its not working...

either we're too gracious, or there is a hell lot of room for improvement... are photographers gracious, or we are deceiving ourselves...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm.. if it takes these campaign to get it to work, and yet u guys are complaining, then i think its not working...

either we're too gracious, or there is a hell lot of room for improvement... are photographers gracious, or we are deceiving ourselves...

I am not sure how old u are but if u have been old enough, u would have seen the development throughout the years. How pp from crude to become more civilised. There was some old pp beside me when the incident happened. They quickly give space for me to shoot but too late. There are definitely nice pp around us. They also frowned at that guy when it happened.

CreaXion said:
I am not sure how old u are but if u have been old enough, u would have seen the development throughout the years. How pp from crude to become more civilised. There was some old pp beside me when the incident happened. They quickly give space for me to shoot but too late. There are definitely nice pp around us. They also frowned at that guy when it happened.

hmm so i think the campaign is not working... cos as the old get gracious, the young gets the opposite... and to think we grow up to 'be' gracious, but the education seems to work otherwise...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm so i think the campaign is not working... cos as the old get gracious, the young gets the opposite... and to think we grow up to 'be' gracious, but the education seems to work otherwise...

Hmm.... Interesting way of looking at things. :)

I understand the thread starter's pain and i do agree shooting in groups does seem to help at times.

This is also hardly suprising, theres people on the mrt sitting when theres pregnant woman and elderly standing. Some people even open their newspapers widely occupying huge space when the train is packed in the morning!

If the people do not care about offering seats to pregnant women, i would be hard pressed to think they care about the line of sight for photographers. In the instaces that i see seats are being offered to the pregnant/elderly, the ones giving up the seats are most often ladies!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.