How important OIS/VR/AS in digital camera to you?

How important OIS/VR/AS feature in digital camera?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armadillo

Jan 30, 2006
Pinnacle@Duxton
All camera expert, I just curious, do you think it's important a camera with OIS/VR/AS feature? So far for dSLR, I know only Konica Minolta 5D & 7D have Anti Shake in the body, the rest of the brand, seem integrated in the lens.

good to have but not essential. I used to have an IS lens but sold it away and continue to be happily taking pictures ;p but have to clarify that for my style of shooting, freezing action is more important and hence i need fast shutter speeds more than compensation for camera shake.

it is more required for sudden shots / sports.

Or for those slower lens. But then again, with the amount yuou have to pay for the VR, might as well get faster lens haha.

From where I see, it would be more useful for very wide ranged zoom lens which tends to be slow, eg 18-200.

Or and extra for the trinity zoom. or ultrazoom. ;)

Not 100% necessary, if you got money it's better to get f/2.8 lens.. But IS is a good-to-have thing for those times that you need it..

armadillo said:
All camera expert, I just curious, do you think it's important a camera with OIS/VR/AS feature? So far for dSLR, I know only Konica Minolta 5D & 7D have Anti Shake in the body, the rest of the brand, seem integrated in the lens.

armadillo said:
Useful to have but not really necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.