How Image Stabilizer works?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamWeng

Apr 7, 2002
Jurong
Visit site
Actually how Image Stabilizer works?

And how do I know when my C2100UZ's Image Stabilizer is ready? They should have designed so that the IS icon flashes when it's in the mode or something. I only notice the image on the LCD 'floats' (moves slowly) when I 'feel' the IS is ready.

Originally posted by KamWeng
Actually how Image Stabilizer works?

And how do I know when my C2100UZ's Image Stabilizer is ready? They should have designed so that the IS icon flashes when it's in the mode or something. I only notice the image on the LCD 'floats' (moves slowly) when I 'feel' the IS is ready.

At shorter focal length the effect of the IS is not that noticeable...but at max 10x zoom, you'll can really feel it when the IS kicks in. The subject in the C-2100UZ's EVF suddenly goes into slow-motion instead of jumping wildly around.

Originally posted by ckiang
Any idea why IS should not be turned on when the camera is on a tripod? Canon's early IS is like that, as is my Panasonic DV Cam.

Regards
CK
There is very good information extracted from the EOS Mailing List archives here. Take special note of the explanation by Chuck Westfall (last email).

Status
Not open for further replies.