How ... huh???

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
Hi!
Just now as i was spring cleaning my room i came across a cheque dated 19/12/2002 and it was in my name Hmmm... how in the world i can miss out this cheque?:confused:

How? have anyone of you guys know what will happen to the cheque? is it still valid?:dunno:

melvin said:
Hi!
Just now as i was spring cleaning my room i came across a cheque dated 19/12/2002 and it was in my name Hmmm... how in the world i can miss out this cheque?:confused:

How? have anyone of you guys know what will happen to the cheque? is it still valid?:dunno:

it's not valid anymore.
the chq usually valid for about 3 mths, i think.
Ask the person to reissue it for u. :)

Thanks!;)

melvin said:
Hi!

3yrs = gone case
3mths = still got hope

How much? :D

actually the cheque is valid for 6months starting frm date of cheque. or at least, thats for Citibank. not sure about other banks. :)

melvin said:
Hee... not much its abt $3+ onli:sweat:

:sweat: ... aiiii.. see open abit lar...

melvin said:
Hee... not much its abt $3+ onli:sweat:

$3? Don't cry la. Come I belanjah you mee pok ta. Ha ha ha!!:bsmilie:

Heartshape said:
$3? Don't cry la. Come I belanjah you mee pok ta. Ha ha ha!!:bsmilie:

Actually is $30+ , can eat for 15 meals leh...;p

simplicity_ said:
actually the cheque is valid for 6months starting frm date of cheque. or at least, thats for Citibank. not sure about other banks. :)

standard validity is 6 months, though some corporate cheques are only valid 3 months

melvin said:
Hi!

if you can find the person/company who issued the cheque, you can always ask them to re-issue another cheque;)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
imagine its 30k :think:

Hmm... that will be enough to last me 13.69yrs of meals 3x a day at $2 each:sweatsm:

burger said:
standard validity is 6 months, though some corporate cheques are only valid 3 months

Huh...meaning the corporates get to set the validity of cheque rather then the banks?:confused:

burger said:
if you can find the person/company who issued the cheque, you can always ask them to re-issue another cheque;)

Think should be able to find them! Probably will go find them after CNY!

melvin said:
Think should be able to find them! Probably will go find them after CNY!

I think the cost of getting them to re-issue you with a cheque for $3 will be more than the value of the cheque.:bsmilie:

Tetrode said:
I think the cost of getting them to re-issue you with a cheque for $3 will be more than the value of the cheque.:bsmilie:

Think should frame it up... $3 bucks also issue cheque... waste paper... :sweat:

haha. I got a US10+ cheque before, didnt go and bank in coz need to pay S$30 for transaction :p

Status
Not open for further replies.