How good are Macro extension tube for Macro photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learner86

Mar 25, 2009
Serangoon Avenue 2
I'm new to photography and want to know how Good macro shots can be taken using the extension tube.

I'm new to photography and want to know how Good macro shots can be taken using the extension tube.

Extension tube allows you to focus closer to your subject and hence increase the magnification. The longer the tube, the greater the magnification. Since there is no glass in between your lens and camera body, the image quality will not compromise. However, the minimum and maximum focusing distance are quite limited compare to a dedicated macro lens.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, I learned something too.

VF will become darker

Its difficult to take macro using extensions tubes due to the lost of light when the tube is attached.

There are alternatives like Raynox 250 which can fit into a 50mm and it is getting popular in this forum nowadays.

I am thinking of getting one. ;)

Its difficult to take macro using extensions tubes due to the lost of light when the tube is attached.

There are alternatives like Raynox 250 which can fit into a 50mm and it is getting popular in this forum nowadays.

I am thinking of getting one. ;)

Difficult??????? Or people just getting lazy and compromising quality. :)

Taken using 36mm Extension tube, uncropped.

3369802997_e1947a9f66.jpg

Thanks a lot everyone for answering my query.

Quing02051981, What is Raynox 250 and how much does it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.