How frequent u use Lowepro AW Cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingpongsong

Sep 3, 2006
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi,

most lowepro bag comes with AW cover, actually how useful is it for u? how many times you have used the AW cover?

me thinking of getting the Fastpack 250, but it doesn't have the AW cover. wonder that should be a no go for me?

thanks

Cheers....

get the one with aw cover... it comes in handy in the least expected times.... :D the other day out at pasir ris with friends cycling... suddenly heavy rain and we all crazy wan to cycle in the rain... lucky got the aw cover... if not camera gear die...... :bsmilie:

much larger AW covers can be bought seperately for sports stores. brands like Deuter & Camelbak has them. smallest would be for 30L bags though. most would cost $20+.

Hi,

most lowepro bag comes with AW cover, actually how useful is it for u? how many times you have used the AW cover?

me thinking of getting the Fastpack 250, but it doesn't have the AW cover. wonder that should be a no go for me?

thanks

Cheers....

Well, it would depend on how often you are outside and will get trapped in the rain...

or how often you are going to walk around in the rain. ;)

Everytime there's more than 5 raindrops per second on my head?

Hi,

thanks

Cheers....

Mine is the Rezo 110AW and served me well so far. The AW cover worked great...used it twice so far in less than a year.

Previously, just have a canon bag with no AW cover, but I brought a xtra large freezer ziplock bag along - fold it and stuff into the same bag. Worked like a charm when it rained - just stuff the whole camera bag into the ziplock.

Hi,

thanks

Cheers....

Mine is the Rezo 110AW and served me well so far. The AW cover worked great...used it twice so far in less than a year.

Previously, just have a canon bag with no AW cover, but I brought a xtra large freezer ziplock bag along - fold it and stuff into the same bag. Worked like a charm when it rained - just stuff the whole camera bag into the ziplock.

I never thought i needed to use the AW cover until I had to.

Ryan

AW comes in very handy....unexpected downpour at last saturday at NDP..first time i get to use the AW cover. :)

spending thousands of $$ on camera but want to risk all the gears getting wet when caught in the rain while shooting out door? just once may be enough to kill all your gears. it is not about how frequent u use it.

just like buying issurance (be it life, car or house etc), ya, you can be very carefull with every moment, but accident can happen when less expected. would you want to be caught unprepared?

anyway, compare the $ difference between and AW bag and a non AW bag, how is this compare to the amount you had already spent buying your gears?

sORe-EyEz had mentioned you can get a seperate AW cover for a non AW bag, but you will have to get an extra small bag and attached to you camera bag, to store the AW cover.

or throw in a small umbrella inside your camera bag also solve the problem.

Always use Protection! Don't take the risk! :bsmilie:

Got AW cover or not is not the problem.

Sudden thunderstorm, use big big golf umbrella also no use if there is wind.

CHEAP! CHEAP! Easy to get and super effective: a large black trash bag. Only less than a few cents. Also offers better protection than any AW cover lah umbrella lah. :bsmilie:

or throw in a small umbrella inside your camera bag also solve the problem.

May not be sufficient for the heavier rain... and when the wind blows from the sides, see how the umbrella gonna cover... :bsmilie::sweat:

May not be sufficient for the heavier rain... and when the wind blows from the sides, see how the umbrella gonna cover... :bsmilie::sweat:

doesnt work for me and DM lar, we need golfer's umbrella. ha ha ha.

haha. you guys must be carrying a ton of gear.

for me, i will swing my haversack to the front or cross swing the camera bag in front and shorten the length to above mid body level. this way side splash or heavy rain no problem.

for me, i will swing my haversack to the front or cross swing the camera bag in front and shorten the length to above mid body level. this way side splash or heavy rain no problem.

no lar, just that we are very well dev in the waist level mah.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

no lar, just that we are very well dev in the waist level mah.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

hah, same here. that's why i can balance my camera bag at mid riff level to avoid the side splash. :sweatsm:

Not always... but sometimes, it's good to have that cover... esp when I am in the crazy mood to walk in the rain... :bsmilie:

Not always... but sometimes, it's good to have that cover... esp when I am in the crazy mood to walk in the rain... :bsmilie:

haha. haven't walked in the rain for the longest time and i don't think i want to now anyway. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

doesnt work for me and DM lar, we need golfer's umbrella. ha ha ha.

Golf umbrella where got enough? :kok:

Minimum we need is a portable tent! :devil: :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.